We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in the square...

Paso Robles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in the square...

A group of five are going to Healdsburg in Feb. and we want to stay around the square most of the time. WHich restaurants, wineries, etc..would you recommend on the square?

Auburn, Alabama
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in the square...

While not "right on" the square, Williamson Wines is an exceptional spot to taste- no fee ( at my last visit) and they offer a small bite to pair with the wines. If your timing is right, and you are interested, they offer a Culinary Dinner every month that is a multi-course meal( 5 or 6, if I recall correctly) that is designed to pair with their wines. I can't afford it at $125/pp, but if you have the $$ and the interest I am sure it would be an enjoyable experience.

We also enjoyed Toad Hollow on the square.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,920 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in the square...

Well the "square" is only one block square, so my experience has been that I don't want to confine myself there. There are some good tasting venues, etc on the feeder streets.

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in the square...

Williamson is a great stop! Thumbprint Cellars and Portalupi are two others to fit in.

If you don't mind a little walk, Seghesio and Longboard Cellars are each a few blocks from downtown, and definitely worth it!

Around the square there is also La Crema, Murphey Goode, Toad Hollow, Kendall Jackson, to name a few, so there will be plenty to do! There are also art galleries, and excellent shopping around the square.

For Dinner on and around the square, Dry Creek Kitchen, Zin, Willi's Seafood and Baci are a few of my favorites (either on the square, or a block or two away).

Another fun idea, depending on the weather (which has been beautiful lately), it to book a bike tour with Getaway Adventures or Wine COuntry Bikes, which will take you to some great wineries outside the square.

Innkeeper Mandie

Honor Mansion

Mentioned in this post
Thumbprint Cellars
Thumbprint Cellars
25 Reviews
Healdsburg, CA
Dry Creek Kitchen
Dry Creek Kitchen
828 Reviews
Healdsburg, CA
Wine Country Bikes
Wine Country Bikes
245 Reviews
Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
37,541 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in the square...

Do you have a place to stay yet? We have enjoyed great stays at Hotel Healdsburg and Inn @ the Plaza. They are right on the Plaza in Healdsburg. I would not miss going to Kendall-Jackson, do their reserve tasting, they have an amazing Late Harvest Chardonnay there. Cyrus is amazing but very pricey, we also love Dry Creek Kitchen and Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar. Have a nice trip! :)

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
597 Reviews
Healdsburg, CA
Dry Creek Kitchen
Dry Creek Kitchen
828 Reviews
Healdsburg, CA
Cypress, California
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in the square...

This is where I get assistance for the area:

Beth Costa, Executive Director -

beth@wineroad.com

Tracy Logan-Immordino, Member & Guest Concierge

tracy@wineroad.com

Wine Road Office

(800) 723-6336 - (707) 433-4335

fax: (707) 433-4374

P.O. Box 46, Healdsburg, CA 95448

They are very helpful and should be able to provide you wth the info you need.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in the square...

To me, "on the square" in Healdsburg would mean places I could to walk to easily from there, as opposed to places a mile or more that I'd want to drive to.

7. Re: Where to go in the square...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 09:17