We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February in Healdsburg

Orlando, Florida
7 posts
Save Topic
February in Healdsburg

Thinking about Healdsburg for our minimoon in February and staying at the Hotel Healdsburg or H2 Hotel. I've read its the rainy season, but is it enough to ruin a vacation? (we are from florida, so def used to rain). We were thinking about 5-6 days. Is that too long to stay only in Healdsburg or should we switch it up with another local town. We went to Sonoma a couple years ago and loved the feel of the downtown/square area, and get the feeling Healdsburg is similiar.

We are looking for good food, good wine, and relaxation.

Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February in Healdsburg

February is a tough month to call. This year half of it was fabulous and the other half it rained pretty heavily every single day.

But to me, a rainy day in wine country can be a lovely thing and being low season will make the wineries more pleasant to visit.

5-6 days would be a little long for me, but if you stayed that long in Sonoma and enjoyed it, you'll have no problem with Healdsburg.

One day you could drive out along the Russian River to the ocean and along Hiway 1 for some spectacular scenery. You could also spend 4 days in wine country and 2 in San Francisco. Lots to do in the city on a rainy day!

Level Contributor
36,953 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February in Healdsburg

The Hotel Healdsburg is a very nice place to stay, you can walk to Cyrus from there, one of the nicest restaurants in the wine country. Have fun! :)

Orlando, Florida
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: February in Healdsburg

Hmmm.. yeah we did 4 days in Sonoma and were def ready to go by the end. Maybe we will do 2 days at Bardessono in Yountville (I am in love with the rooms), 2 days in Healdsburg, and 2-3 in San Fran. We love San Fran as well. Does that sound reasonable travel wise? We would fly in and out of SFO anyways, so we would have to go back down to the city.

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: February in Healdsburg

This past February we had 80 degree weather AND snow (the snow was a fluke, we don't usually have that in this area).

Depending on how you spend your days, 5-6 days may be long during the potentially rainy season. In the summer time, I would say that would be a great stay, since you can also kayak, hike, visit the coast etc, but that may not be possible in February. There are definitely enough wineries to fill 5 days of tasting, and plenty of restaurants, shopping, etc to visit in town. There is also a nice spa at Hotel Healdsburg.

Innkeeper Mandie

Honor Mansion

5. Re: February in Healdsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 02:26
Edited: 10 October 2013, 02:26
6. Re: February in Healdsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 10:24