We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

My friends & I will be in Healdsburg next weekend with two very well-behaved dogs (I know everyone says this, but theirs is mellow as can be and mine is a very experienced visitor to wineries).

Any wineries/tasting rooms in downtown Healdsburg that would welcome us? And any on the Dry Creek trail?

Thanks!

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

There are quite a few dog friendly wineries. Most people who travel with their pets have very well behaved pets, otherwise what's the point of vacation. If a place states that they don't allow pets they don't care how well behaved they are. Have a nice trip!

dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guide…

yelp.com/list/dog-friendly-wine-country---he…

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
564 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

We tasted at Amista Vineyards with our golden retriever a couple of years ago. They were very dog-friendly, but were considerate of others already there tasting, making sure it was OK with them before inviting us in. They recommended nearby Mauritson to us, also dog-friendly, excellent Zinfandel! Both are on Dry Creek Rd just outside of Healdsburg.

Sorry, can't help with any tasting rooms downtown.

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

In town it may be more difficult to find places where your dogs will be allowed- city ordinances about pets/food may be in play, or quite honestly the size of the space may require pets not be allowed as tasting rooms are usually not very big when they are in town.

As stated before, however, many Sonoma County wineries are very pet friendly and though I'm not absolutely sure, I think I saw a list of pet friendly venues on one of the following websites:

winecountry.com

californiawineryadvisor.com

sonomauncorked.com

Healdsburg...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

We would love to welcome you and your friends - human and canine - to Amista Vineyards. We have two dogs of our own and always have the water bowl out and some dog treats stashed behind the tasting bar.

Vicky and Mike Farrow, Proprietors

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

Thank you all!

Vicki & Mike - We will definitely try to get over to Amista, it looks absolutely beautiful...we'll be running the 1/2 marathon in the morning and be ready to relax after that.

Healdsburg...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

We'll be pouring a couple of our wines at the end of the marathon. You can meet Kari and then come by the tasting room later to relax in our Winegarden, which is a great spot for a picnic.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

Thanks so much...we & our pooches loved relaxing with a bottle of wine at Amista. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and I really loved sitting out among the vines.

8. Re: Dog-friendly Healdsburg/Dry Creek?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 04:17