We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with a toddler in Healdburg area.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to do with a toddler in Healdburg area.

We are taking a four day getaway up to Healdsburg from San Francisco and are looking for things to do with our 18 month old. Just having some open space will be nice change for us but are there any playgrounds or parks that are not to be missed? And any great family friendly restaurants anyone can recommend? We are more than willing to drive out of town aways and head over to the russian river or south a bit.

Thanks much!

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do with a toddler in Healdburg area.

Whoops, yes I know Healdsburg is missing an 's'in my post title! Sorry!

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
879 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do with a toddler in Healdburg area.

Healdsburg has a great square in the middle of all the shops which is about 2 blocks long, and has a fountain that the toddlers gather around. It also has a large gazebo and lots of trees and grass.

We always go to that great diner type of restaraunt with all the lunch pails. They have good food. We have only been for breakfast though. I think it is towards the east/south corner of the square. It does get busy after a certain time.

Sebastopol is also a nice town with easy walking street, and Ives park, with pool and new playground equipment. They may still have the ducks. There are several restaruant/cafes along main street.

Mentioned in this post
Sebastopol
Sebastopol
Sonoma County, CA
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do with a toddler in Healdburg area.

Giorgi Park at 540 University St. in Headsburg is a nice spot for families with kids--there's play equipment and picnic tables there. You'll also enjoy a leisurely drive out to the scenic Sonoma Coast. Take River Rd. west and on the way you can stop at Armstrong Redwoods State Preserve near Guerneville. In-town Healdburg, there are a number of casual places to dine or buy picnic items: Center Street Cafe and Deli (304 Center), Oakville Grocery (124 Matheson), Costeaux French Bakery ( 417 Healdsburg Ave.), Lotus Thai Restaurant (109 Plaza St.), diVine Pizza (1051 Vine St.) and Bovolo Cafe (106 Matheson St.) in the Plaza Farms building (which is a neat place where you can also taste wine and buy local products). I've also heard that Fitch Mountain Eddie's (1301 Headsburg Ave.) is a great family cafe/diner, and a favorite for breakfast.

Mentioned in this post
Guerneville
Guerneville
Sonoma County, CA
Costeaux French Bakery
Costeaux French Bakery
736 Reviews
Healdsburg, CA
Lotus Thai Restaurant
Lotus Thai Restaurant
3 Reviews
Healdsburg, CA
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do with a toddler in Healdburg area.

Thank you so much for your recommendations! We purposefully chose Healdsburg because of that beautiful town square. I always love visiting there whenever we're in Sonoma and Napa. Now, if the weather will just cooperate next week, it will be perfect!

Mentioned in this post
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA