We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tour recommendations

Kernersville, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Topic
Wine tour recommendations

Staying in Healdbsburg for 3 nights end of July. What wine tours would you recommend? Something more private than a bus full of people is more our style. There is a wine carriage ride that has great reviews and sounds romantic--any thoughts? Cost is an issue as I don't want to spend more than 400 for 2 of us but we would like someone that has knowledge so we use our time wisely and get the most of out of our time there! thanks for everyone's help!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
633 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine tour recommendations

Sounds like you want one of the "designated driver" companies like Bee Driven. Their cost is usually a good bit less than hiring a limo because they drive you in your vehicle. Several have been mentioned here in recent months, try a forum search.

If you do take the carriage tour, please come back with a comment about it- we have been thinking about taking that on our trip this fall, but I haven't seen much of anything about it here; nothing that's less than a year old as I recall.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine tour recommendations

We had a really great experience with Gene with Healdsburg Area Winery Tours. He only does private tours, and his rates were really reasonable for a day's tour. He's also really knowledgeable about the area, and he can either recommend wineries or make an itinerary of wineries you choose.

3. Re: Wine tour recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 21:16