We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in Healdsburg

Which Healdsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
172 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in Healdsburg

So apparently Healdsburg is the culinary capital of Sonoma according to my guidebook. However Im having trouble finding a place for lunch. Nothing seems to stand out. I don't want anything too fancy as we've already booked several restos in St. Helena and Yountivlle for dinner that will be more expensive.

I was originally thinking of going to Rustic in Geyserville for lunch but was questioning as Im not much of a Coppola fan - I mean I haven't even seen the Godfather. However we aren't big wine drinkers so there might just be enough action there to keep us busy and its scenic.

That day (a tuesday) we plan to stop in Calistoga first (since our b & b is in St. Helena) and go to either or maybe both of Sterling Vineyards and Castello di Amorosa before proceeding to Geyerseville for lunch -then to Healdsburg. Was thinking of skipping Geyerseville and having lunch and shopping/touring the town of Healdsburg so we don't rush it.. But if its small enough and there aren't too many restos then maybe I can fit all 3 in?

If I am missing a great lunch spot in Healdsburg, please let me know! Or any thoughts on Rustic and the Coppola winery?

Level Contributor
35,013 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

We love Willi's Seafood and Wine Bar in Healdsburg on the Plaza. It is a casual venue wtih very innovative food. If you want something a little more formal, Dry Creek Kitchen @ The Hotel Healdsburg is also excellent. :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,530 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

Second the Willi's Seafood -- it is like a seafood tapas place

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,029 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

There's also Guy Fieri's restaurant Johnny Garlic's in Windsor, a few miles south of Healdsburg. Casual, extensive menu and not expensive.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,364 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

Rustic is very nice and the winery is very interesting and unique.

There's also Catelli's in Geyserville if you want something different from what you will get in Yountville.

http://www.mycatellis.com/#!

Healdsburg, CA
Level Contributor
476 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

Costeaux french bakery in Healdsburg is another great place for lunch.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

There is also Diavalo Pizza in Geyserville - great thin crust pizza. One of my favorite lunch spots in Healdsburg is Zin Restaurant.

Belmont, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

I don't know, if you are looking for something not so fussy because you are already doing fancy on the other side of the mountain, I suggest something like Healdsburg Bar and Grill or Barndiva..

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

there is a great bbq shack at the beginning of town in calistoga awsom food

Level Contributor
35,013 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

Also in Calistoga is All Seasons Cafe. We had lunch there this past March and really enjoyed the food there. It is located right on the main street in downtown Calistoga. :)

10. Re: Lunch in Healdsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:16