We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

i would like to know if there are convenient ways of travelling from Hemet to Los Angeles by bus or train? can you advise how long it would take? thank you so much! :)

Simpson Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Biking Trails, Hiking Trails
Diamond Valley Lake
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
11 replies to this topic
Menifee, California
Level Contributor
595 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

There isn't any way that could be called convenient, in my opinion. I can't give you exact directions since there is no exact address information; however, here is a possible routing from www.riversidetransit.com:

#27 bus from Hemet to Riverside

#10 bus from Riverside to near the Riverside Downtown Metrolink Station (involves a short walk)

Take the San Bernardino Line, Train 367 towards L. A. Union Station

Arrive L.A. Union Station

This can take up much of the day, something like 6 hours.

Travel by car will obviously be much more easier. Is that a possibility?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

Are there ways? Yes. Are they convenient? Not really. Generally you'd need at least 3 buses / trains to reach Union Station in downtown LA from Los Angeles (from Union Station you can reach many other parts of LA with one additional subway/light rail train/bus ride). The journey to Union Station from Hemet would be about 5 1/2 hours at best. Here's a map that outlines several ways to do it.... http://goo.gl/maps/N9Mkh

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

Dear Inyogirl,

many thank for your reply. travelling by car would not be an option for me. i guess it would be best for me to stay in Downtown , Los Angeles to access different locations like Disneyland and Universal Studios. thanks you again :)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

Deac MachTree,

thank you for the awesome link! still having two minds on staying in Hemet now. as my main purpose is to see Disneyland and Universal Studis :(

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,062 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

I wonder why Hemet is on your mind if your goal is Disneyland and Universal??

It is not near any of those places. IF you let folks know what you are thinking then maybe they can suggest the best spot for you to stay.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

I assume you have relatives or friends (maybe free place to stay) in Hemet. It's hardly a place people usually consider as a base for visiting Southern California (no offense to the good folks of Hemet). Why would your choices be between Hemet and downtown L.A.?

Edited: 22 April 2013, 14:02
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

Yes, Hemet is not a good base for Disneyland or Universal. Even if you could drive, Hemet is about 75 miles from Disneyland and close to 100 miles from Universal. Downtown LA or Hollywood (near Hollywood Blvd. and Highland Ave.) would be much better locations, as public transit is set up well to take you to both Disney and Universal from these locations.

Surfers Paradise...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

I would like to travel from L.A. to Hemet in June. I would prefer to travel by coach. Any advise please.. rayis@optusnet.com.au

Surfers Paradise...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

I would like to travel from L.A. to Hemet by coach.

can anybody give me a tip ?

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
595 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???

Ray, see the messages at the top of this thread -- there are two of us that posted ideas. The routing would be the reverse of what I posted, of course. In any event, it is very, very difficult using public transportation.

Edited: 12 January 2014, 19:14
Reply to: Travel from Hemet to Los Angeles???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hemet