We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huntington Beach and Surf City Nights

Which Huntington Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bakersfield
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Huntington Beach and Surf City Nights

I am going to be staying at Hyatt Regency in Orange County but wanted to take my children (4 and 9) to HB for some beach time. I was planning our beach day on a Tuesday and I saw that Surf City Nights will be going on, is this something worth doing, should I avoid HB on this day? It will just be myself and my two children, and I'm sure they would enjoy it, but I'm not too familiar with the area and not sure about parking, crowds, etc. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huntington Beach and Surf City Nights

Your kids will enjoy Surf City nights. It is a street fair with music, vendors, food, etc. Sometimes the crowd of young adults gets a little rowdy after 10 p.m. but if you go in the late afternoon/early evening time you'll find a lot of families and fun for the kids. There is a heavy police presence so you should not worry about your safety.

bakersfield
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Huntington Beach and Surf City Nights

Okay perfect, that's good to hear we will try to arrive when it begins and head out before it gets too crowded, do you have a suggestion of where to park that's easily accessible to the beach and the downtown area where the surf city night occurs? Would it be unreasonable to plan to spend a few hours at the beach and then be able to walk to the car drop off our stuff and go back to enjoy the festivities or is parking too far to take several trips (walking) back and forth? I have a four year old that may get a little worn out from all the walking if its too far between activities. Is there another method u might suggest for easily transition between the two activities?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huntington Beach and Surf City Nights

Easiest would be to park at the beach lot near the Pier: huntingtonbeachca.gov/residents/parking/gara…

Then you can easily walk to the Surf City Nights area just north of the Pier on Main Street.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Huntington Beach and Surf City Nights

Looked like great fun yesterday. I was returning from a meeting in Costa Mesa yesterday and drove home via PCH. Main St. was hopping! I would have stopped, but I was hot, sweaty, and tired, so I trudged on home.

5. Re: Huntington Beach and Surf City Nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 08:17