We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Hinde Inn vs Point Reyes Seashore Lodge

San Francisco Bay...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Golden Hinde Inn vs Point Reyes Seashore Lodge

We are going to go to party in Inverness in July and do not seem to find a place that do not require a 2-night minimum stay; I found Golden Hinde and the Seashore Lodge to be the exception....any comments from those who have stayed at either place? Thanks.

on the road again:)

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Hinde Inn vs Point Reyes Seashore Lodge

Many years ago i had the good fortune of living in Inverness. I do remember the Golden Hinde being nice. Mostly i wanted to tell you to have a wonderful time!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Hinde Inn vs Point Reyes Seashore Lodge

Haven't stayed at the Golden Hinde, but stayed one nite at the Point Reyes Seashore Lodge last Fall--and really enjoyed it! You can read my review at: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32820-d7389…

Rocklin ca
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Hinde Inn vs Point Reyes Seashore Lodge

Hope I'm not too late.

I've stayed at both.

Once at the Golden Hinde.

Three times at Seashore Lodge.

The Golden Hinde is on Tomales Bay. It's a standard motel; nothing exceptional. You can sit outside and look at the lower end of the bay. Breakfast is a wrapped sweet roll and coffee.

Seashore Lodge is not on the Bay. It's about 1 mile from the Pt. Reyes Visitor Center. This B&B type motel is the best. I've taken 3 different people there on 3 separate trips...they all loved it. The grounds are nice, (sit outside in the swing on the lawn terrace), great breakfast, very quiet, comfortable beds. Deli and 2 good restaurants across the street and next door.

Greenbrae, CA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Hinde Inn vs Point Reyes Seashore Lodge

Motel Inverness waived their wknd 2-night minimum for me when they happened to have an opening, and that's a really great place to stay... reasonably priced. Have a great time! I love that area.

Get answers to your questions about Inverness