We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

timings of Bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville

Which Sihanoukville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
timings of Bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville

I have asked this question on PP forum as well and am hoping someone here can help us.

We are travelling by bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville and plan to go to Koh Rong Samloem (staying at M'Pay Bungalows - 4 nights).

Our plans are:

Jan 21st - bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville on and then by boat to the island - all on the same day. Is this possible??

The owners are happy to book a long tail boat for us when we arrive (anytime till 4pm) as we will miss the 8am ferry obviously.

My concern is the timing of it all since it's a long bus ride from PP to Sihanoukville - what time do you think the bus will reach Sihanoukville?

Would love to hear from people who've done this trip before as I am aware that sometimes buses don't always follow the timetable times in these countries.

Return trip - Jan 25th - island to Sihanoukville (Ferry leaves at 3pm so maybe a chartered long tail boat early that morning?) and back on the bus to PP.

Will a bus get us to PP by Jan 25th night? We fly out of PP early the next morning so will need to have a night there (majority of our luggage will be left back in PP).

OR should we consider leaving the island the day before - Jan 24th - on the ferry, spending the night in Sihanoukville and then catching bus to PP next morning??? More relaxed and sure?

Just not keen on giving up time on the island if we can avoid it.

I would really appreciate ANY advice on this!!

norfolk
Level Contributor
55 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: timings of Bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville

Hi, can't help with the boats to the island. But there are plenty of buses running from Phnom Penh to Snookie all day. It takes about 4-5 hrs with a stop and you can pick the tickets up at any travel agent or sometimes at your hotel and pick the bus you want usually. Probably plan B and leave the island the day before if you have an early flight out of PP on the 26th. Have a good time.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: timings of Bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville

thanks!! much appreciated!

Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: timings of Bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville

My advice is to take an early bus(06:00-08:00 AM) from PP or stay 1 night in Sihanoukville the day you arriwe, because most bus companies have major delays most of the time. And leave the island 1 day earlier and stay 1 day in Sihanoukville because chanses are huge for you to reach PP after midnight.with such late departure from the island.

Hope this was helpful.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: timings of Bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville

thanks Oggiwara - I think we've decided to take our chances going to Sihanoukville (take an early bus and try to get to the island all on the same day) - but on the way back we'll probably leave the afternoon before - spend a night in Sihanoukville and then catch early bus to PP to ensure we get in in good time.

thanks heaps to both of you for taking the time out to reassure me! :)

5. Re: timings of Bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 08:17