We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning: Attempted robbery by scooter

Which Sihanoukville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daejeon, South Korea
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Warning: Attempted robbery by scooter

We blissfully rented scooters in Sihanoukville with the intention of going along the coast for a few hours to check out some remote beaches. There were 4 of us, 2 girls, 2 guys. What happened was that the guys were already experienced with riding scooters and had gone a couple hundred meters ahead. I was riding at a relatively slow pace when I felt hands on my scooter and next thing I knew there was a scooter, with 2 blokes on it, trying to push my bike off the road and grab my bag at the same time. It was terrifying. The blokes had not realised that we were together with the people on scooters ahead of us and raced off as soon as I yelled for help and caught the attention of my mates. Just a warning. Keep your eyes and ears open. Not really a great thing to have happened had I been on my own.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,083 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning: Attempted robbery by scooter

Eek! Glad to hear that you were not harmed and your stuff wasn't stolen! Thansk for the heads up!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,200 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning: Attempted robbery by scooter

Not good to hear that these sorts of problems are still happening, very pleased you were not by ypurself & escaped unharmed.

I usually spend a lot of time walking by myself when on holiday, but having read so many reports of problems in this area, I'll be using tuk tuks a lot & avoiding isolated areas, even during the daytime, which seems wise.

3. Re: Warning: Attempted robbery by scooter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:21