We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel PhnomPenh/SR to Sihanoukville: Things to take note of

Which Sihanoukville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
118 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Travel PhnomPenh/SR to Sihanoukville: Things to take note of

Hi Guys I've found many sites and posts with info but would like to get updated.

1.) Price of a comfortable car (private) from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville. Is there an operator you would recommend? Is there a better choice if we were willing to pay above market rate.

2.) How are the roads for the trip there. Is it safe? Is it safe to make stops along the way there?

3.) Are the flights between Sihanouville/Siem Reap usually on time? Or is it known to have delays? Have a connecting flight 3.5hrs apart from landing/takeoff and wish to decide if I should stay an extra day to be safe.

Thanks so much for helping out a fellow traveler!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel PhnomPenh/SR to Sihanoukville: Things to take note of

Have private messaged you the name of a very reputable and careful driver, not sure of the price but email him.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel PhnomPenh/SR to Sihanoukville: Things to take note of

Hi

Could you let me have details also

Many thanks

3. Re: Travel PhnomPenh/SR to Sihanoukville: Things to take note of

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 09:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel PhnomPenh/SR to Sihanoukville: Things to take note of

and me please

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
326 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel PhnomPenh/SR to Sihanoukville: Things to take note of

My hotel arranged a mini van (shared) for me. I be,I eve it was $12. Air con, nice seat, driver was very safe and roads were quite good. We stopped half way for a break at a restaurant roadside stop. Yes it was safe.

You won't need bullet proof glass or a flak jacket in cambodia anywhere.

The people are very nice, maybe the nicest in Asia, y ou are not being dropped behind enemy lines in a war.

I flew from snookyville to siem reap , yes the plane was on time and it was a nice flight.

Edited: 21 August 2014, 22:35
6. Re: Travel PhnomPenh/SR to Sihanoukville: Things to take note of

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:18