We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

Jaegerspris, Denmark
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

I am seeking some advice in regards to a place to stay. At the end of 2014 I will be traveling to Cambodia. I wish to spend the winter at the beach while I am working. The place I am looking for must have a rather stable Wi-Fi and I must be able to work from the bungalow/room. Located on the beach (probably Otres Beach due to the less noise). I would love to watch sea while working. I am on a low budget so it must be cheap as well. Does anyone have a suggestion? Any idea on price pr. Month?

Kampot, Cambodia
Level Contributor
430 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

You are going in the high season. Prices are more expensive and you will almost definitely not get long term, on the beach "cheap" No one needs to drop prices for this period and they won't, longterm or not. What defines "cheap' to you btw? As what we consider premium here, is still very cheap by European/American/Australian standards.

Jaegerspris, Denmark
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

Thank you for your reply. I have tested a few Places and they are all interested in making an offer for long term stay. Basic bungalow goes for around 300-400$ a month. Is that just standard price? I am offcourse looking for the best place with the most value for money. Do you have any suggestions?

Kampot, Cambodia
Level Contributor
430 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

$300 - $400, on the beach, is pretty good going at that time of year! No real suggestions at that price tbh. Make sure the internet is up to speed and snap up the offer mate!

4. Re: Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 23:54
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

I wish they were Greg, but unfortunately it is the high season. I'm planning to be in Cambodia during December and January, when the published room rates are significantly higher than they are at the moment.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
346 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

December/January is the best weather in Cambodia. Keep in mind that it is hot all year round, so the slight relief in December/January (not winter by any means, but the cool season) is very welcome and also peak time for visitors.

7. Re: Budget stay - app. 3 mounth - Otres Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:16