We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

Which Pingyao County hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Italy
Level Contributor
582 posts
Save Topic
Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

I will be arriving at Taiyuan Airport. How can I get from there to Datong? Only by public transport, no taxis please. Till what time in the afternoon and from where do buses run between Taiyuan and Datong?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

Buses 201 (2 RMB/pax) and 901 (3 RMB/pax) go from Taiyuan airport to Taiyuan train station (太原火车站, final terminus) and also Jiannan long-distance bus station (建南汽车站).

Taiyuan -- Datong trains:

N266* (0819--1336) 5h17min

1592/1593 (1044--1704) 6h20min

N258 (1407--1930) 5h23min

2604/2601* (1418--2046) 6h28min

1138/1139* (1520--2200) 6h40min

1138/1139* (1527--2200) 6h33min

2464/2461 (2233--0516) 6h43min

1676/1673 (2245--0540) 6h55min

Those marked with * originate in Taiyuan and might be easier to get tickets for.

Buses seem to take about 4 hours, but I'm not sure what the time for the last bus is.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

What about bus or taxi? Is it more convenient, since I heard that by train, you have to take a taxi to Taiyun town center to the railway station?

Does it really take 2 hours to get from Taiyun airport to Pingyao?

How much will taxi cost?

Thanks!

Italy
Level Contributor
582 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

Thank you for the timetable. I might opt for Jiannan long-distance bus station first. Do you know how far is it from the Taiyuan Train station? Just in case I fail to catch a bus to Datong..

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

I suspect a taxi from Taiyuan airport to Pingyao would be rather expensive.

There're a number of long-distance bus stations in Taiyuan, so it can be confusing. Actually, the long-distance bus stations and train station are both in Taiyuan itself, nothing is really very far out.

I think Taiyuan train station and Jiannan long-distance bus station aren't very far from each other. Around 4 km which would be a short taxi ride.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

Thank you for the information. So it's best that I take a taxi from the Taiyun airport to the train or bus station and continue to Pingyao?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

Yes, that's right.

7. Re: Taiyuan airport-Datong by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 12:40