We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Mianshan resort?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
281 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Mianshan resort?

Has anyone stayed at Minashan resort itself, and can recommend a hotel with a view possibly?

I have read that there are shuttle busses from the airport at Taiyuan to Mianshan, but don't have more info.

Once there, is it accessable to walk up and down and see all those "things" hanging off the cliffs like flowers?

Where is Qixian Canyon in comparions to that site?

Are there thour buses from Pingyao there?

Thank you!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Mianshan resort?

Has anyone stayed at Minashan resort itself, and can recommend a hotel with a view possibly?

-----Not have stayed there, but i know there is Yunfengshuyuan Hotel on mountain.

I have read that there are shuttle busses from the airport at Taiyuan to Mianshan, but don't have more info.

------There no buses to Pingyao itself from Taiyuan airport, not to mention to Mianshan.

Once there, is it accessable to walk up and down and see all those "things" hanging off the cliffs like flowers?

-------Not sure, depends on your timetable.

Where is Qixian Canyon in comparions to that site?

--------Qixian Canyon means 栖贤谷, please google it for map to get some general ideas. Or google 绵山 地图

Are there thour buses from Pingyao there?

-------- No as far as i know, but at Jiexiu train station there are buses at about 10 Yuan and private cars to there.

Edited: 16 September 2011, 10:49
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
281 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Mianshan resort?

Thanks a lot for detailed answer! I appreciate it!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Mianshan resort?

I add the map of Mianshan for coming readers:

http://www.cnsanjia.com/map.html

4. Re: Staying at Mianshan resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Pingyao County