We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mianshan Mountain

Oz
Level Contributor
96 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Mianshan Mountain

Do we need a guide for Mianshan mountain visit or is a driver enough? Cant find a lot of info on Mianshan in Lonely Planet so not sure if its more about enjoying the scenary or if it's a historical site requiring explanation etc. Any recomendations re. driver and guide (if this is necessary) ?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mianshan Mountain

Mianshan is a 4A scenery area with modern statues.

For info, please surf www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

You just need a driver bring you there after you visit

It is the original source of Hanshi Festival in China (3-days before Ching Ming Festival)

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mianshan Mountain

See this post: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g325575-i10512-k48…

A guide is necessary, you could hail one in your guesthouse in Pingyao.

You could send message to Lazarela, she just backed from there last year.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mianshan Mountain

and this:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1152338-i23750-k4…

Oz
Level Contributor
96 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mianshan Mountain

Thank You OrientalRed

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mianshan Mountain

Its quite easy to get to Mianshan on your own. Just catch a bus in front of Pingyao railway station to Jiexiu. There you get on bus that takes right to the entrance of the Mianshan. You can easily see the whole thing by yourself. No need to have a driver, unless you don't want to walk all day. Most of the people just drive from one attraction to another in car and stop to take pictures, while my girlfriend and I did the whole tour on foot and climbed to all the attractions.

Neither is necessary to have a guide as all the sights have good informative signs in English.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mianshan Mountain

I would like to stay in Mianshan for 3 days but cannot find anything on the Internet about accomodation. Could someone give me information about the hotels in Mianshan?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mianshan Mountain

See this page: http://mianshan.tripdv.com/

Oz
Level Contributor
96 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mianshan Mountain

Thank you for the info apologies for the delay in thanking you all especially great to hear we can get there ourselves. We love the idea of walking rather than driving to the attractions. Telliuran how long did you spend there

9. Re: Mianshan Mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:15