We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing - Pingyao by train

Amsterdam, The...
7 posts
Save Topic
Beijing - Pingyao by train

We are 2 travelling adults and want to book a bullet train on May 14,2016 from Beijing to Pingyao. There seem to be tickets on many trains on any day, but no on May 13 and 14 2016. It says all the tickets have been sold out. All the other dates are fine and bookable.

I tried looking for tickets from Beijing to a number of other cities on May 14 as well (just to check), but every train to every destination has 0 tickets available. How is this possible? There are even tickets left on the 7th which is the end of the national holiday week of china.

Please help!!!

Mentioned in this post
Pingyao County
Pingyao County
Shanxi, China
7 replies to this topic
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,442 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing - Pingyao by train

Tickets are not sold out yet, they have not been put for sale yet. No tickets for travel after May 12 is being released until mid-April while the railway authority is reviewing the schedules.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing - Pingyao by train

Tickets go on sale for Pingyao about 10 days before the fast D and the super fast G train depart, I had a similar problem booking these tickets, I just waited and then plenty of tickets became available. The train takes just under 4 hours and is by far the quickest way to get to the beautiful city of Pingyao.

Mentioned in this post
Pingyao County
Pingyao County
Shanxi, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,442 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing - Pingyao by train

The above is completely wrong. The tickets normally go on sale 60 days ahead. It was 10 days years ago the it was changed to 20 days. Not it is 60 days for at least a couple of years.

Now there is a delay because they are rejogging the schedules.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing - Pingyao by train

That is true for most trains, you can buy 60 days before, but for Beijing to Pingyao we had to wait for 10 days before, agreed it is not normal, but certainly the case for this train, trust me, we've just bought our tickets for the 26th April, which only went on sale yesterday. So not completely wrong , welcome to China.

Mentioned in this post
Pingyao County
Pingyao County
Shanxi, China
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing - Pingyao by train

What englisg website can I buy the D train beijing to Pingyao please

Mentioned in this post
Pingyao County
Pingyao County
Shanxi, China
Amsterdam, The...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beijing - Pingyao by train

We used travelchinaguide.com and picked all of our tickets up from 1 train station (paying a bit extra for the tickets not departing from there) in China. Worked great!

Mentioned in this post
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,442 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beijing - Pingyao by train

There are many agents selling tickets, you can just google it. For myself my preference is www.china-diy-travel.com. Most agents get good reviews.

Note that tickets are now sold 30 days ahead.

Edited: 08 April 2017, 14:50
Reply to: Beijing - Pingyao by train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted