We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

Hi,

I'm looking for a suite or hotel with separate master and living areas. My husband and i will be traveling with our 3 year old and would like a hotel room with some privacy. We would also prefer to have a kitchen. The only hotel i've seen with this set up is the residence inn. I would also consider a condo but we would only be going for 3 or 4 days and I know most condo's book for a week espcially in the late june early july timeframe. So, not sure that condo would be a good bet? Our price range is $200 per night.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

HUH? I just went to the HI Express La Jolla web site, no mention of kitchens...

hiexpress.com/hotels/…amenities

Glorietta Bay Inn, once again, no kitchens...

http://www.gloriettabayinn.com/

Best Western Island Palms, another without a kitchen...

islandpalms.com/service-amenities/index.cfm

Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla, also no kitchen in the room.

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/SANLJES-Embassy-Suites-San-Diego-La-Jolla-California/services.do;jsessionid=E80A0DC464171740F3EF9DFC5D48F8D5.etc72

FYI, to me, a Kitchen means a room/suite that comes with a large fridge, a stove top, and pots, pans dishes, etc. are part of the room.

Just having a small fridge and a microwave is not a kitchen in my definition.

Edited: 18 April 2012, 06:19
Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

The Island Palms has full kitchens, minus an oven: "Kitchen equipped with full size refrigerator, four burner stove top, microwave, 12 cup coffee maker, cooking utensils, place settings, dishware, pots and pans, toaster, blender."

Other locations may offer a more suitable location for the OP, of course.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

Its called a Kitchenette at the Holiday Inn. You have to make a mock reservation and go to the Reservation page, click on the description of the "1 queen with kitchenette"

"A KITCHENETTE WITH A MICROWAVE FRIDGE SINK GRANITE COUNTERTOPS AND A TWO BURNER STOVE PERFECT FOR LONG STAYS"

hiexpress.com/hotels/…hoteldetail

I allready posted the link with the info for the Glorietta Bay Inn, it says

"Our spacious suites offer our guests fully equipped kitchens"

gloriettabayinn.com/room-contemporary-inn-su…

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

"Best Western Island Palms, another without a kitchen...

islandpalms.com/service-amenities/index.cfm"

I'm not sure what part of my quote from the BW's website you missed, Darkbeer, but scroll up the page and you'll see. Having stayed there myself I can assure you that there is a full kitchen (minus the oven, as I note). I take the BW folks at their word that there is a blender in the kitchen as I don't recall seeing it...

The HIE website clearly states that some rooms have kitchenettes--all you have to do is scroll down a ways and you'll find the info.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

I just noticed this posting and wanted to clarify- (I'm the Director of Guest Services at the Island Palms)

Here at the Island Palms we have a couple options- the Island Palms full suite- 1 bedroom, seperate living room with pull-out couch, kitchen (stove, full refrig, no oven), basic utensils. We also have junior suites- 1 king or 2 queen (kitchenette- sink, micro, mini-refrig).

Basic rooms have micro and mini-refrig.

We also have free parking and wi-fi with 2 heated pools, full-service restaurant/lounge.

We'd be glad to discuss the options and determine your needs directly. Contact us at 619.222.0561 at your convenience and we hope to have you as our guest.

Sincerely,

Bill Orman

Director of Guest Services

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

Well that certainly settles that dispute. lol

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
658 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

Hi christinemfer -

I watched Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel the other night because the show was about the La Jolla Cove Suites, a property in a primo location that has been in serious need of renovation for long time.

The next day I went over there to see how much had been done since the host of the show made numerous suggestions to the owner. Bottom line: 25 rooms are under total renovation, but aren't yet completed. However, the whole place look so much better than I remembered that I was favorably impressed. The one unrenovated suite I saw (two bedroom, two bathroom, living room, kitchenette) was perfectly fine for guests who aren't looking for "luxurious."

All suites are spacious, have kitchens or kitchenettes, are non-smoking, and rates include breakfast on the roof deck with a drop dead gorgeous view of the ocean and the La Jolla Cove. The staff is courteous; the pool and the jacuzzi are both heated; they offer free wi-fi on the roofdeck and there's a guest laundry. One caveat: the hotel was built in 1959 and is dated, but clean.

If you want to be in La Jolla and you want a kitchen and a bedroom separate from the living room - I think you should consider the La Jolla Cove Suites.

Elizabeth Hansen

www.LaJollaTravelInformation.com

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
658 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

Hi Christinemfer,

Have you checked out La Jolla Cove Suites? Almost all of their rooms and suites come with kitchens or kitchenettes and many have separate bedrooms. It's a very family-friendly hotel located right across the street from the La Jolla Cove.

Elizabeth Hansen

www.LaJollaTravelInformation.com

19. Re: Cheap suite or room with separate roll out bed and master

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:42