We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego/La Jolla vacation - what to do

Vancouver, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
San Diego/La Jolla vacation - what to do

My husband and I (both in our 50's) are organizing a trip to San Diego and are intending to rent a condo via VRBO in La Jolla. We are currently planning a 2 week vacation with San Diego being the main destination. We will arrive in San Diego on September 19 (day 5) of our trip, and want to be back in Vancouver on September 29. We are not interested in a ridiculously busy and hectic time in San Diego and want to spend time enjoying what there is to offer.

Our flight back to Vancouver will not be direct so we have the option of staying in San Diego the full time or staying for 2 or 3 nights at the city where our flight connects which could be San Francisco, Seattle, Portland or Denver.

I am looking for some suggestions regarding an itinerary for San Diego and an opinion as to how long we should stay. We do plan on renting a car so we will be mobile.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: San Diego/La Jolla vacation - what to do

There is absolutely no problem getting in at the LJ Beach & Tennis Club. They will not chase anybody off their part of the beach. No need to walk in the high tide zone. Also, the leopard sharks are often in the shallow area right across the Marine Room.

12. Re: San Diego/La Jolla vacation - what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:18