We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike ride from pacific beach to Windansea Beach?

Houston,tx
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
bike ride from pacific beach to Windansea Beach?

Hi, is it possible to bike ride along the coast line to Windansea Beach? I'm looking at a map and it doesn't seem possible.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike ride from pacific beach to Windansea Beach?

Yes, it is very possible...there's no straight line or direct bike path that goes the entire route, but there are plenty of signs along the way that will re-direct you...very nice and scenic route (water and homes) that should take you +/- 30 minutes, depending upon what part of Pacific Beach you are coming from (if on the Pacific/Mission Beach border, add another 10+ minutes).....in between Pacific Beach and Windansea is the Bird Rock section of La Jolla where you can stop off for a cup of coffee (Bird Rock Roasters or Starbucks) and/or grab a bite to eat (Beaumont's). I also happen to like Promiscuous Fork in the Windansea area as well.

Houston,tx
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bike ride from pacific beach to Windansea Beach?

I'm coming from the crystal pier area. Is it safe to assume there are areas where you can park and lock up your bikes while we enjoy the beach near windansea?

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bike ride from pacific beach to Windansea Beach?

I believe there is a railing or two (near some steps that lead you down to a restroom and the beach area) where you can lock up your bicycle at Windansea.....perhaps someone else can chime in, but people do ride their bikes to Windansea and I am 99.9% certain there will be a place for you....definitely in PB.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bike ride from pacific beach to Windansea Beach?

Yes, I'm sure you can find places to lock up your bikes -- might not be actual bike racks but you can improvise like the locals do when necessary.

Here's a link that will show you a good route to take from PB to Windansea. You'll need to zoom in on the area between La Jolla and PB -- the orange and then green light route along the coast will make for a nice ride.

http://www.icommutesd.com/bike/bikemap.aspx

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bike ride from pacific beach to Windansea Beach?

On Neptune and corner of Playa Del Sur there is a railing that you can lock your bikes to. Just north of there is a metal staircase to the beach that you can also lock your bikes to.

6. Re: bike ride from pacific beach to Windansea Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 05:17