We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caves and Scripps Aquarium on a Sunday?

Kitchener
Level Contributor
998 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Caves and Scripps Aquarium on a Sunday?

We will be driving from Los Angeles on a Sunday at the end of July. Was thinking of making a stop at the La Jolla caves and the Scripps Aquarium on the way down to San Diego. Is this going to be a real challenge with parking and crowds? Would we be better off making the trip back up from downtown during the week?

Thanks for the information.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caves and Scripps Aquarium on a Sunday?

Not sure what you mean by a "stop by the La Jolla caves". There is one cave you can visit from land just above La Jolla Cove where you can see the seals on land.

The aquarium is not in the same place. It has its own parking lot.

Parking on the streets near La Jolla Cove will certainly be difficult on a Sunday in summer!!

Kitchener
Level Contributor
998 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caves and Scripps Aquarium on a Sunday?

Thanks for the clarification RiffM. Yes, I meant La Jolla cove and the La Jolla cave. I realize the aquarium is in a different location and has separate parking.

Thanks, that's the info I needed.

3. Re: Caves and Scripps Aquarium on a Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:18