We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Kellogg Park area - need recs

Calgary
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Staying in Kellogg Park area - need recs

We are staying in La Jolla Shores Kellogg Park area and are looking for a good grocery store and some restaurant recommendations. We are two couples and each have a toddler (both around 2 years old) both couples are also expecting so are not super mobile (well I'm not, at least.) We will each have a rental car but would like to stay close. We are all foodies and would love a grocery store with a nice selection, and restaurants that are casual enough for kids.

Any other recs of things we should do would be much appreciated! We only have SeaWorld and the SD Zoo on the itinerary so far.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Staying in Kellogg Park area - need recs

Specialty markets include:

Thuan Phat, 6935 Linda Vista Road (Vietnamese)

99 Ranch, 7330 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard (Chinese)

Zion Market, 7655 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard (Korean)

Mitsua, 4240 Kearny Mesa Road (Japanese)

Pancho Villa, 3245 El Cajon Boulevard (Mexican)

Sahel Bazar, 7367 Cuvier, La Jolla or North Park Produce (2 locations) (Middle Eastern)

The Fishery, 5040 Cass Street (seafood)

Ocean Beach People's Organic Grocery, 4765 Voltaire Street (live/raw/organic)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,392 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Staying in Kellogg Park area - need recs

Wow! I get off the computer early and come back to all sorts of additional comments!

The only thing I'd like to add is that IF you have not been inside this particular Ralphs at LJ Village Square, I think it would be a good idea to go in and look around!

I think it is unique in what it offers for what we would call a normal supermarket.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,604 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Staying in Kellogg Park area - need recs

Sunrise, you left out Marukai & Nijiya, both Japanese, also in Kearney Mesa area and Gonzales' Northgate Market (Mexican and various locations).

Zion is in a new location and if I had to pick one of the foreign markets to visit, it would be that one, it is MASSIVE now, in an old K-Mart location.

Gonzales' Northgate Market has great prepared foods and an excellent taco bar.

24. Re: Staying in Kellogg Park area - need recs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:18