We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Jolla/San Diego public tennis courts

Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 post
Save Topic
La Jolla/San Diego public tennis courts

We are visiting the La Jolla area (2 adults 5 kids, staying on Paseo Dorado) and are wondering if there are any public tennis courts around La Jolla or San Diego...maybe in a park with a playground? Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Jolla/San Diego public tennis courts

Lots. Of course you are near La Jolla Beach and Tennis club. Don't know their policies about the public. Google La Jolla public tennis courts and a list comes up. Same for La jolla and San Diego parks. Besides the major ones..ie. Balboa Park.. every neighborhood has some variation on a grassy park, swing sets, BBQs and picnic tables and many have tennis courts. Google map your address. Satellite view and zoom out.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
San Diego
San Diego
California
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Jolla/San Diego public tennis courts

La Jolla is the land of the private club. LJB&T is private.

You're not too far from La Jolla High (on the other side of the village on Nautilus St.) but I'm not sure if you can access the tennis courts or not ... I went there back before the new and ugly building was built.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,738 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Jolla/San Diego public tennis courts

Probably the closest public tennis courts to where you are staying are the courts at the La Jolla Recreation Center, 7632 Draper Ave., La Jolla, CA 92037. Too far to walk from where you are staying because it's about 2 miles away from Paseo Dorado, but it's only about a 10-minute drive from where you are staying. La Jolla Recreation Center is owned by the city of San Diego. There are 9 courts there, open every day until 9 p.m. Call (858) 552-1658 for more information.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 00:14
Mentioned in this post
La Jolla Recreation Center
La Jolla Recreation...
13 Reviews
La Jolla, CA
San Diego
San Diego
California
La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Jolla/San Diego public tennis courts

You can go to University of California, San Diego. Plenty of Tennis Courts there, you might have to pay for a day use fee. But when I was a student there, I just remember walking up to an empty court and using them. Most of them are going to be off North Point Drive. maps.ucsd.edu/mapping/viewer/default.htm. There are also some in the Purple Zone (Muir College).

I know there is one on La Jolla Shores Drive, and it is probably the only one that has an ocean view in all of San Diego. I never see anyone use it, but it is a bit run down.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
5. Re: La Jolla/San Diego public tennis courts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 06:19