We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting child's wetsuit

Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Renting child's wetsuit

Hi, will be coming from Washington state and will be arriving next weekend. I'm an adult who is acclimated to our cold ocean waters up here in Washington and so when I visit la jolla I've always thought the water to be bearable.

My 9 year old is a different matter though. He is all skin and bones and gets cold easy.

We are wondering if any area businesses rent child size wetsuits in the area?

I was looking to buy but I thought it would be best to rent first and make sure it will be enough to keep him warm.

I'm a diver and use a 7mm farmer John wetsuit in our waters and know just how well a good fitting wetsuit can make all the difference...

Anyway, any info would be appreciated:)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,834 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting child's wetsuit

Im pretty sure Surf Diva does. Id try calling them.

http://www.surfdiva.com/surfdiva.com/

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting child's wetsuit

Surf Diva might as GoodBeer mentioned, and also La Jolla Surf Systems half a block west from Surf Diva. You can also call Mitch's La Jolla. I have bought child size wetsuits there in the past, and they may still have some rentals as well.

Mitch's (858)459-5933

LJ Surf Systems (858)456-2777

Edited: 21 March 2014, 02:29
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,432 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting child's wetsuit

Are you looking for a diving wetsuit, a swimming wetsuit or a boogie boarding wetsuit?

Here is a thread about surf shop rentals in the Pacific Beach and Mission Beach area, but they will all be surf/boogie board suits.

tripadvisor.com/…56934964

4. Re: Renting child's wetsuit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:23