We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Riviera

Uniontown, Ohio
5 posts
Save Topic
Laguna Riviera

What beach is this located on? How far is this from main attractions? Is there free parking? Where is the closest place to rent a car?

Angie

USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Riviera

Is Laguna Riviera the name of your hotel? Laguna Beach is pretty close to a lot of main attractions like Disneyland, maybe about 30-60 minutes depending on traffic.

Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Riviera

it's close to the "main beach". I would rent a car at the John Wayne Airport area.

California
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna Riviera

The Laguna Riviera is a great place to stay in a great location. It is about 1/2 mile from Main Beach. I believe they do have parking, but close enough to everything in Laguna, you won't need to drive.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laguna Riviera

We stayed the Laguana Riveria on July 4th weekend. My daughters 14 and 16 and myself. It was a nice hotel, the walkway down to the beach is beautiful with many types of shrubs and flowers. They do have free parking at the top and below in garage. Everything was pretty well in walking distance. Grocery store, shops, loved Mary DeFrancos Art shop, in fact we are staying in San Diego in 2 weeks and driving up the coast to take a Doplhin Whale Safari and coming back to Laguana to paint another picture! Love Laguana but the water is cold!

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
94 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laguna Riviera

Other than SNA, you might rent a car from Enterprise in Laguna & have them deliver. You really don't need a car in town, but will for further afield sightseeing.

boston
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Laguna Riviera

we're considering the Laguana Riviera and the Tides Inn. I've read all the stuff here and it seems that the Riviera has a better location but might be old? While the tides had a recent renovation?

THoughts??

Seattle
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Laguna Riviera

Hey Travellb

No contest (my opinion) between the Tides and the Riviera. I've stayed at several LB hotels and for the price the Riviera is my top choice. It is on the ocean, near lots of cool shops and great eateries, the beach it sits on is one of the best in Laguna to the point that it is where most of the residents go. The rooms are large, clean and many have decks overlooking the ocean.

If you travel in winter the indoor pool, sauna and jacuzzi are great and in the summer they open the roof up to let the sun in. Tides may have been renovated, but when I stayed the walls were paper thin so all I heard was traffic from highway-1 outside my door. The beach is a couple of blocks away, so the view from the rooms and the pool is also the highway. If your going to take the time to go to Laguna get a room at a beach front hotel. Go check out the websites for the two properties and you'll get an idea of why I suggest the Riviera over the Tides.

Seattle
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Laguna Riviera

Fedexgirl,

The Riviera sit's on St. Anns Beach and Thalia Beach both favorites of local surfers.

Downtown is a 5-10 minute walk and there are several excellent restaurants (Hush, Cafe Zulu, Beach House, to name a few) within an easy 5 minute walk.

They have FREE parking and you can rent a car either at the John Wayne airport or in Laguna at an Enterprise lot.

boston
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Laguna Riviera

thanks flyboy... i'll have to check out the sites

now i've got research to do for places to stuff my face ;)

Uniontown, Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Laguna Riviera

Thank you everyone. We decided to just rent a house...we will be staying for 8 days. I got a really great deal..we are also going to just rent a car.