We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel time from lax

ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Topic
travel time from lax

I will be arriving into lax mid afternoon, end of July. By the time I get my rental car it will be rush hour, mid week.

How long would it take from Lax to Laguna/Dana pt. during weekday rush hour??

Would Santa Monica be a better stopping point for the first night?

What are the beaches like in Santa Monica?? Is it kid friendly?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel time from lax

From LAX,there is a car pool lane(2+persons) on the 405 freeway all the way to Dana Point.

During the rush hour it will take around 2 hours in the car pool lane to get to Laguna and Dana Point.

Santa Monica is the opposite direction so I would just go to Laguna/Dana Point since the beaches are the best there.

Level Contributor
35,225 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel time from lax

Check out the beach in back of the Montage Resort, absolutely gorgeous! www.lagunabeach.com Have fun! :)

Rumford, Rhode...
Level Contributor
83 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel time from lax

How about that same ride at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon?

4. Re: travel time from lax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 01:19