We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
489 posts
31 reviews
Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

Any recommendations on good outlet shopping near laguna beach? We'll have a car.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

The two closest are The Block of Orange (mixed use mall) and the Citadel Outlets, both just off Interstate 5 going Northbound.

Here is a set of articles from the LA Times recently that about the Outlet Stores in Southern California. The first one has a map of the malls on the left side of the page.

latimes.com/business/…1160071.story

latimes.com/business/…5508394.story

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

From Laguna your best bet is the outlets in Carlsbad.

Edited: 22 August 2011, 16:25
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

Carlsbad is nice, but it is farther away than the Citadel Outlets. Plus the Citadel is about twice the size of Carlsbad Premium Outlets.

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
4. Re: Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

The Citadel is bigger but IMO, Carlsbad is an easier drive and there are more upscale stores. I'm also not a fan of The Block in Orange, especially after dark.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,730 posts
189 reviews
5. Re: Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

I'm fine with the Block and shop there all the time. If you haven't been there lately, take a look.

But, since you are from Las Vegas, you probably won't find anything significantly different in our outlets from the ones near Las Vegas except that California's sales tax is higher. So I recommend that you don't bother with California's outlets.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
98 reviews
6. Re: Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

My wife will only shop the Carlsbad outlets, she is convinced their(namely Polo & J NY) inventory is actual name brand and not the 2nds produced for outlets.

Drive time will be close to equal perhaps closer than Citadel, and you have a lesser chance being stuck in traffic going to Carlsbad

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

They are asking the question in the Laguna Beach forum, so I assume they are heading to the outlets from there. Citadel is about equal distance from Laguna as the outlets in Carlsbad and because of traffic, Carlsbad may be a quicker drive. If nothing else, it is a prettier drive. OP should check out the stores on each web site and see what they are looking for.

If they are staying in Anaheim, Citadel usually makes more sense.

8. Re: Outlet shopping near Laguna Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 02:16