We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
842 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

We were driving south on Hwy. 1 in the 80's and I'd swear we went by a hotel that looked just like the hotel on The Eagles album cover. If it's in Laguna Beach, please give me a street address.

Thanks,

Kent

LA
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

I thought that the Hotel California was in Todos Santos, Baja California del Sur.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

If you mean the hotel shown on the album cover, it's the Beverly Hills Hotel, in Beverly Hills.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

Driving South, or better from the bluff at Las Brisas, The Hotel Laguna does have some similarities to that cover...dont think they have Pink Champagne though

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
842 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

Missika,

The Hotel Laguna is the hotel I thought was what I thought the album was. I looked at the photo of the hotel on Google Earth and there's not that much resemblance. Guess I was full of pink champagne at the time.

Thanks for the comments.

Kent

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,681 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

It is the Beverly Hills Hotel.

myhollywoodvacation.com/files/BeverlyHillsHo…

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,253 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

From Wikipedia: The front cover art work is a photograph of the Beverly Hills Hotel by David Alexander[disambiguation needed] with design and art direction by Kosh.[5] The rear album cover was shot at the Lido in Hollywood.

Cookie and Scott are the winners!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

The Hotel California in Todos Santos (we've been there several times) is often thought to be the one referenced in the Eagles' song -- but it isn't. The Eagles themselves have verified that it isn't.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

For many years it was always thought that the reference to this song was the now defunct Camarillo Mental Hospital (Now CSUCI).

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

Camarillo Mental Hospital is very tame compared to what people in my neck of the woods said that song was about

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is The Eagles "Hotel California" in Laguna Beach?

A building in Laguna at 1316 PCH & Cress St. used to be named "Hotel California".

When I first moved here 25 years ago I wondered if it was connected with the Eagles Hotel California. I was sorry to find out there is no connection.

Hotel California is no longer on the front of the building as it has been bought, sold & repainted.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=hotel+california&ie=UTF-8&ei=cjwYUPaXDOyv0AGPkoDYAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQ_AUoAg