We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant choices

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant choices

I made reservations at 230 Forrest Ave, Sapphire and Watermarc- I realize that they are all $$$ but can I order and app and a salad if I prefer- any of these have a good view -I think Sapphire has outdoor seating- and I may cancel if I decide to do something less $$$

I am getting ready for trip- both kids are at college-I am now looking at things to wear wondering what to pack-is it chilly at night-I know to bring a cardigan and a jacket for whale watching -

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant choices

It would be a shame to miss Sapphire. It's really wonderful and you can sit outside and order inexpensive items. Do bring a sweater or light jacket for the evening but everything is fairly casual here so no need to bring dress-up attire. Yes, bring a jacket for the whale watch boat trip.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant choices

thanks- of the 3 -which would you skip? I think my first night I just may go to rooftop lounge or Las Brisas for a drink/appetizers... getting up early next day for whale watching trip- can I walk from Inn at Laguna to rooftop lounge or is parking ample there

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant choices

Rooftop Lounge for SURE. http://www.rooftoplagunabeach.com/index.php Las Brisas is a tourist trap -- good for its view but you'll get that from your hotel room next door. Might as well go down the road for a different view, better drinks and actually good bar food. It's about 12 short blocks from the Inn at Laguna to Rooftop Lounge. A fairly easy walk but if you don't feel like it, jump on the free shuttle in front of the hotel.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 03:49
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant choices

Here's the appetizer menu from Rooftop Lounge (on top of Casa del Camino). rooftoplagunabeach.com/assets/documents/roof…

Really good stuff and easily enough for dinner.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant choices

Staying at the Inn at Laguna Beach, Las Brisas is fine for drinks and appetizers.

If I had to skip one of the three, Watermarc would be the one.

6. Re: restaurant choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 06:45
Edited: 20 August 2013, 06:45
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant choices

ok thanks- do I need a table at rooftop to order appetizers or can you order at bar?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant choices

Either table or bar, or even standing.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurant choices

what stop is closest to rooftop?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurant choices

If you are talking K'ya, it is less than a mile actually, at Cress & PCH. Not sure how the shuttle system works, but I'd think either Cress or Brooks would be a stop.