We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Near San Diego..

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Near San Diego..

Hi.. Is Laguna Beach on the way to San Diego??? I was thinking of stopping off in Laguna Beach first because my teenage daughter loves the MTV show and really wants to see it in person.. and then head over to San Diego because I heard nothing but great stuff about this city.. So I want to get all of this in one trip.. Also where did they film Laguna Beach and The OC. Well if you have any other information that could help me please email me at S516@aol.com or reply back... Thanks..

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,246 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Near San Diego..

Lagun aBeach ILS on the way to SanDiego from LA or ANaheim. The show LagunaBeach was actually filmed there and they have alist in town of the places in the show and where to see them. The show The OC is NOT actually filmed all in one place . The locations are actually all over in different towns.

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
227 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Near San Diego..

Laguna Beach is an easy side-trip from LA to San Diego down the 133 canyon road. It's about an hour north of San Diego if you aren't coming from LA.

Our visitor's bureau is said to have a free 'Tourist Guide' that points out places from the MTV show (but it's apparently not online).

Places in the MTV show you can easily visit (and are free) include main beach, the boutiques across the street from the Ralph's grocery, Laguna Surf & Sport on PCH, and the high school (up on the hill above town).

A good souvenir for anyone is having a photo taken in front of our landmark lifeguard station on main beach. I can also recommend a good, casual lunch at the Cabana or Javiers.

The O.C. is actually shot in multiple locations, many of which are more along the lines of Newport Beach - which is just up the coast from Laguna. Balboa Island might be a nice detour if you have the time - but Laguna is a must-see for any teen into any of those shows.

Hope your trip is lovely.

3. Re: Near San Diego..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 05:24