We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Beach rental ideas

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Laguna Beach rental ideas

Planning on spending a week after Xmas in LB. Looking for a weekly rental on the beach or second row. One challenge....my wife and I are both smokers (I know, we'll fix that someday) No problem going outside to smoke but most of the condos are no smoking anywhere on property. Anyone know of a cottage or private residence in the area that might be a good option? Used to have access to a place on Ocean Way near Diamond St years ago. That was perfect but no longer available. Thanks for any suggestions.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Beach rental ideas

You won't find many options because smokers who promise to not smoke in the residence often do anyway, causing tell tale burns and lingering smoke smell. Insurance premiums are lower for owners who state there are no smokers.

And, going outside is not the answer when the houses are very close together as they are near the beach. The owners don't want complaints from the neighbors about drifting smoke. In California, we don't consider it your "right" to smoke (and pollute the air everyone else breathes).

I suggest calling one of the brokers like Burr White, who handle hundreds of rentals. They will try to work with you to come up with a suitable option.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Beach rental ideas

Thanks....that's exactly what our experience was the last time we were in the area so I assumed it had just gotten more strict.

Bad habit and costly but what can I say.....it's just where we are at this time.

Will try the broker you suggested....thanks for the info.

3. Re: Laguna Beach rental ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:15