We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Beach

Which Laguna Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Laguna Beach

Hello, my family and I are taking a trip to California in mid September and we are debating which would be a nice beach to visit (near Anaheim since we are going to Disneyland) . I hear Laguna beach is nice, but is it family friendly? we have a 4 year old girl, so we want something safe, clean and fun. Or does anybody else have a better suggestion? Thanks.

M D
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Beach

Yes. Laguna is family friendly, safe, clean, and fun. If we want to debate it, there are a number of others that meet you requirements as well, but Laguna is as good a choice as any.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Beach

There are a number of small beach coves in Laguna Beach. Not many are actually visible from Pacific Coast Highway (except for Main Beach). Some have facilities like restrooms, showers, and picnic areas and others do not. Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and Seal Beach have longer wide stretches of beach with restrooms, showers, picnic areas, fire rings, etc.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna Beach

Balboa Pier Beach in Newport on the pennusilla, is generally more interesting for families with children because of the things to do and see there, but Laguna is all right.

All of the beaches in Orange County are safe,clean, and fun.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 09:32
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,905 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laguna Beach

I am not sure what would make the Balboa Pier area more interesting for families than Main Beach Laguna Beach.

Main Beach Laguna has a wooden boardwalk with a children's play area at either end and tide pools near the south end of Main Beach. Main Beach also has showers, changing rooms and bathrooms at either end.

Downtown Laguna is directly across from Main Beach and has lots of family friendly restaurants and shops right there.

Level Contributor
34,218 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach is very nice.. there is a playground and lifeguard tower at Main Beach. :).

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laguna Beach

Crystal Cove state park http://www.crystalcovestatepark.com/ is another option for pure beach experience with some amenities. You can get some beach rental equipment there and find a place with some privacy if you want. If driving, you can drop off near beachcomber restaurant then take short hike back from parking.

Even though I live in Newport, I'd recommend Laguna for the California beach town feel for newcomers. Nice shops along with the beach.

You could explore both Crystal Cove and Laguna in the same day. They're only 10 minutes away from each other - not including time for parking.

7. Re: Laguna Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Laguna Beach