We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood to San francisco

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, Wales
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hollywood to San francisco

Hi Guys,

Im from Wales in Great Britain and am thinking of travelling to America to do some sightseeing. Was just wondering what is the distance between Hollywood and San Francisco and whats the best way to travel from one to the other?

Cheers

Aranx

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood to San francisco

It is 376 miles to San Francisco from Hollywood/LA. Have a look at www.mapquest.com.

Depending on how much time you have on your holiday, you can drive there via the coastal highway #101/#1,which is quite scenic or use the faster inland route Highway #5.

There are numerous air flights(inexpensive=Southwest,JetBlue,Virgin America)) there daily and depart from a number of the local airports(Brubank,LA,Long Beach,Orange County,Ontario). The flying time is 1 hour approx. There are 3 airport servicing San Francisco(SAn Francisco,Oakland,San Jose)

There is train service(www.amtrak.com) with two routes; one along the coast and the other inland.

There is,also bus service but not that special.

Enjoy!!

Cardiff, Wales
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood to San francisco

thanks very much, your reply is much appreciated, I will look at all those options you have given me and see which one appeals the most.

I think I am only going to have between 3and 4 days so is there anything that you would recommend that I really must see before I leave?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood to San francisco

Answers to your questions, as well as questions you didn't ask, are on the DRIVING DIRECTIONS page at the TouringSFO site at http://geocities.com/touringsfo/

You might also find the report "A Trip to Anaheim . . ." helpful.

4. Re: Hollywood to San francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 05:31