We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples Island/Long Beach Christmas gondola rides

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
336 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Naples Island/Long Beach Christmas gondola rides

Has anyone been on the Christmas gondola rides around Naples Island in Long Beach? Is it fun and worth the price? I think it's around $65 for 2. How long is the ride? What is Naples Island? Is it just a little island off Long Beach's coast with no inhabitants?

Brentwood...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples Island/Long Beach Christmas gondola rides

Hi~~I haven't been on the gondola ride, but walked around the Naples Island area last year while on a little weekend trip to Long Beach. The "island" is right next to Long Beach...a foot bridge away. Naples Island has beautiful homes on it...one is cuter than the next. We saw couples on the gondola ride while we were walking around the island. Very picturesque...as a matter of fact, Hollywood was filming a TV show while we were there! Looks good!

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples Island/Long Beach Christmas gondola rides

hello spiaggia girl: Long Beach was our hometown up until 2 years ago: I personally have never been on the gondola rides...but have had several friends that have given it high marks. Naples is a part/section of Long Beach...I have provided you with a website with more detail: http://beachcalifornia.com/longbch.html, (check out the Naples section). Naples was always one of our favortie spots (from first date to bringing the kids along years later :o) Anytime of the year is great for Naples but Christmas time is even more special. There are homes that line the canals with most being lavishly decorated. The canals are excessible by sidewalk, or as you mentioned the gondola ride. Other options (but more for the day) are to rent a kayak or our favorite was renting an electric boat (you pilot your own boat, brings friends, a picnic, and instant fun). Have fun! (www.visitlongbeach.com)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples Island/Long Beach Christmas gondola rides

Thanks for the replies. I still haven't decided about the gondola rides but will probably definitely check out Naples even if to walk around. Sounds picturesque. Renting a boat of some sorts sounds like fun too. I'll look in on that.

Naples Island, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples Island/Long Beach Christmas gondola rides

Spiagia Girl,

I live in Naples and the Gondola ride (Gondola Getaway) is really nice espeially in the evening, they provide some bread and cheese and you bring the wine. I've been to Venice, and I think it's just as good, without the smell. The 1 hour ride take you around the island, around nice homes in canals just like Venice, with bridges too. At Xmas time all the homes are decorated in lights, and they also have a Xmas parade this year on the 17th.

California
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples Island/Long Beach Christmas gondola rides

I think the Naples area of Long Beach is one of the best kept secrets in LA! It is especially wonderful at Christmastime when many of the homes along the canals have elaborate light displays. Also, oftentimes on weekends in December, small groups of carolers are here and there singing carols, and kids and church groups put up small hot chocolate stands. It's very festive, and extra special because it is not commercialized in any way whatsoever. I have done the gondola rides a number of times, and they are great, definitely worth $65.00. However, it might be kind of hard to book for the month of December at this date. Trust me, even if you decide to forego the gondola ride, you will have a wonderful time just walking along the canals.

Diane

Get answers to your questions about Long Beach