We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay?

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh,PA
Level Contributor
52 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay?

We are going for a wedding in Long Beach over Memorial day weekend. They recommended the Hyatt Long beach vs. Palos Verdes Inn vs. Torrance marriott. The actual wedding is in the Hyatt. As we'll be there for 3 days and would like to get the most out of our weekend, I would like to optimize my shopping experience. also wondered if there are any hotels actually on the beach. will it be warm enough to go in the water at that time. Any input would be appreceiated.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay?

well I am a little partial to Long Beach since this is where I lived prior to our move to SC. If you stay at the Hyatt in Long Beach you will have lots of choices on sites to see, restaurants, and plenty of shopping near by. You will be by such areas as: Shoreline Village, Queen Mary, the New Pike, Pine Street, etc. Down the road just a bit is a wonderful area called Belmont Shore (still part of Long Beach - on 2nd street - there is a website for Belmont Shore). Stroll down the sidewalks, stop in anyone of the numerous places to shop, and if you get a little tired you won't have any trouble finding a great place to eat. There is also an area in Long Beach called Naples (yes canals that run between the homes - you can rents kayaks, electric boats, take a gondola ride, or even walk down the sidewalks on both sides). During May the water might still be a little on the cool side but you never really know (you've got to at least check it out though). Other places you might look into for shopping and dining: Marina Pacifica (off PCH and 2nd), the Marketplace (off PCH and 2nd/Westminster). If you are still in town on Sunday there is a neat little farmers market in the Long Beach Marina you might want to check out (there is also some great restaurants in this area as well). If you continue down PCH the next city over is Seal Beach (use to be one of our favorite places to go on the weekend) with a wonderful old main street and pier (again neat stores, and places to eat-even a Ruby's Diner at the end of the pier, and on the pier you can watch the surfers). This is just a little of what Long Beach has to offer with out having to travel to far. I hope you enjoy your wedding and your time in Long Beach! (www.visitlongbeach.com)

Long Beach, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay?

Id have to agee with the above post. I've only lived in Long Beach for 4 months, but i've been in Los Angeles County for over 4 1/2 years.

When my parents came to visit me, I had them stay at the Seal Beach B+B, it was ok - but a little small and I think they are selling it to developers. Seal Beach is Great though.

Also, from my experience of going to way too many weddings - stay close to the wedding site. It just makes the whole weekend easier.

About the Farmers market mentioned above, there is also one in Downtown long Beach on Friday mornings.

There is tons of good food everywhere. And the best shopping has to be on 2nd street in Belmont Shores.

Its also really fun to take a short ride up or Down the Pacific Coast Highway if you have some time.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay?

Hello SFRosie: hope your enjoying Long Beach as much as I did for so many many years. Just wanted to let you know that there is more than 1 farmers market in Long Beach for you to enjoy: (1) Downtown Long Beach, (1) Signal Hill area on Thursdays, and (1) Long Beach Marina on Sundays. I have provided a webiste with the hours and locations.

http://www.harborareafarmersmarkets.org/