We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any hotels in Long Beach, other than Residence...

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
683 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any hotels in Long Beach, other than Residence...

We are a family of five including 3 young children who are coming to Long Beach for two nights in May pre Carnival cruise. We are interested in staying in a 1 bedroom suite (i.e. two rooms) but can't find anything other that the Residence Inn which at US209 per night is too much for us. Does anyone know any other hotels/motels that have such rooms?

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any hotels in Long Beach, other than Residence...

Hello jldev: I lived in Long Beach for many years until our move to SC 2 years ago. I can't think of any other hotels that have suites...other than what you have already found. Have you thought about adjoining rooms? A quick suggestions: The Pacific Inn located in Seal Beach (close to the beach), rated #1 on tripadvisor. This is a neat little beach town yet it is just about as close distance-wise as say the Residence Inn located on Willow in Long Beach (which is inland and close to the Long Beach airport).

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
683 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any hotels in Long Beach, other than Residence...

Hi lovetegacaysc, thanks for your response on this forum and the Los Angeles forum. On your suggestion I have had a look at the Pacific Inn website and it looks great. I contacted them for a rate on their family suite and they replied right away. Very impressive and exactly what I was looking for so thanks very much! Now the only thing is I know nothing about Seal Beach. We arrive at LAX from New Zealand and then have two nights before our Carnival cruise. We were thinking of staying in Long Beach to be near the cruise dock and to avoid needing a rental car. Do you think we would need a rental car if we were staying at the Pacific Inn?

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any hotels in Long Beach, other than Residence...

your very welcome jldev! First of all I have a big soft spot in my heart for Long Beach....but I've got to tell you....it's Seal Beach that our family misses the most. It is really just around the corner from Long Beach (the Pacific Inn is apx. 8 miles from Carnival Cruise...and that will be the farthest point). It is a great little beach town with more locals than tourist. It has a wonderful main street (plenty of stores and great places to eat...really can't go wrong with any of them). Walk down to the end of the street to the pier and watch the surfers (at the end of the pier is another restaurant too, there is also a small playground at the start of the pier). Pacific Inn is within easy walking distance of Main Street and/or the beach. Regarding renting a car (as hard is this is for me to say) I don't think you will need one (remember in CA we take a car to go around the block). The reason I don't think you will need one is the Pacific Inn has free transport (check out the tripadvisor review...titled Wonderful Treasure). Now once you are in Long Beach there is a red bus they call the Passport which travels throughout the city and the best part...it's free! (Long Beach has several other buses too that you might take a look at for different parts of the city...I have provided their website for you below).

http://www.lbtransit.com/ (look under Services)

www.visitlongbeach.com (look here for discount coupons)

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/sbradis.html

Places in Long Beach to check out (if you have time)

Queen Mary

Aquarium

Shoreline Village

Long Beach Museum of Art

Belmont Shores (great shopping and eats)

Naples (take a gondola ride)

Pine Street

Earl Burn Miller Japanese Gardens (located on Long Beach State University Campus)

Most of all enjoy...and hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
683 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any hotels in Long Beach, other than Residence...

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for all this great infomation. I so appreciate it and can't wait for our trip!