We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

How much would cab fare be from Long Beach airport to the Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach? I understand that they are about 5 miles apart in distance.

Also, could I get some suggestions/costs as to other types of transportation available for this route, so that I could have some choices to choose from?

Thanks!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

Actually it is more like 12 miles, so the Taxi Fare would be about $40 (Plus Tip) in light traffic, and can be higher in Heavy Traffic. There is a flat rate of $45 if you ask for it when you enter.

http://www.lgb.org/travelers/transit.asp

Sometimes Shared Vans are at the Airport, otherwise you could call for one.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

The transit routing would be Long Beach Transit route 111 from the airport to the Downtown Long Beach Transit Mall--about a 40 minute ride. At the Transit Mall, you transfer to the free Passport C bus to the dock, about a 15 minute ride. Line 111 only runs once every 40 minutes, the Passport C runs about once every ten minutes. The fare would be $1.25.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

The flat rate is posted in the cab, it isn't a secret.

Super shuttle.com has a fare quote or call 1800bluevan. If you use the fare quote system, you are going to an airport

..keep scrolling down. If you call, make sure they are giving you the quote for the port of Long Beach.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 15:00
novato
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

I just called Long Beach Yellow Cab for a quote and for Taxi to Carnival Cruise Terminal, they said was only $29-34 depending on the meter.

I can't understand why it would be $40 as it's only about 16 miles.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,256 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

Fibro, see your other thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32648-i340-k58411…

The taxi company always underestimates the fare when you call them on the phone.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

BTW, this is late update on the route my son and I took...but, we took your suggestion, Wanderer from Berkeley.. :-) I am ALWAYS for bus/metro/tram transportation---it's usually very simple and very inexpensive. Thanks~

Edited: 10 February 2013, 01:17
7. Re: Long Beach Arprt (LGB) to Carnival Cruise pier in Long Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 05:15