We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio apt near downtown area-Safe?

Arizona
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Studio apt near downtown area-Safe?

The area I have seen a couple of studios is 6th street. When I look on the map,it is inland from Shoreline Village. Is this a decent area to live?

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio apt near downtown area-Safe?

hello justlindalee-without trying to offend anyone in the area that you are looking...I would not live there. My personal opinion would be to stay east of Cherry Ave., or if you continue to look in the area you stated above...stay as close to Ocean Blvd as possible. There are alot of other great areas in Long Beach you might take a look at as well (you mentioned Belmont Shore, Belmont Heights, Los Altos, Long Beach State area, around Long Beach City College, Naples...but that would be to spendy, California Heights, Bixby Knolls...just to name a few).

I am not sure where you are looking for rentals but here are some suggestions:

Long Beach Press Telegram (www.presstelegram.com)

Cragslist

Grunion Gazette (gazettes.com)

-another idea..there is a council member from Long Beach who currently is running for mayor. He has a realty company that specializes in/and around the Belmont Shore area (they also have rentals). It might not hurt to give them a call and tell them what you are looking for...the name of the company is Colonna & Co. Realty at (562) 438-9735.

Good Luck with your search!

Arizona
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio apt near downtown area-Safe?

Love......sc....thanks for the info. I will pursue those leads. I went looking last Sunday in the area I asked about. Looked a little seedy to me. I am not above living there, but I am by myself and a little scared. I always check the gazette every Thursday online. Thanks again.

California
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio apt near downtown area-Safe?

hi justlindalee,

I live in LB and my husband and I own some apartments in Belmont Heights. I agree with the previous poster about the best places to look -- the Grunion, craigslist, etc. (FYI, I went for a walk yesterday and saw a sign for a 1 BR apt for rent on Newport Ave, just south of Colorado. This is a good area of Belmont Heights, close to some nice shops & restaurants on Broadway. I peeked in the window and the apt seemed to be a nice size, and was being repainted. It's a lower apt, not an upper, but the kicker is it comes with a GARAGE!! Parking is a problem in alot of areas of LB, and a garage is a true blessing. We just rented one of our apts in the same area, it's a bit smaller than this one and has only a parking space, no garage, and we rented it for $975. So I think this one I saw yesterday may be a decent deal. Unfortunately, I don't have the phone number, but if you're in the area and take a drive up Newport Ave, hopefully you'll see the sign...)

good luck!

Diane