We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Beach to Disneyland

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stratford-upon-Avon
6 posts
Save Topic
Long Beach to Disneyland

Hi, I am staying at Coast Long Beach the last week of April and would like to go to Disneyland on Friday 28th. Is there any public transport that goes to Disney? We don't really want do a tour as we want to get there when it opens!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,540 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland

There is public transportation but it takes almost 3 hours!! It involves taking the blue line metro rail train (not far from your hotel) to the last stop in downtown Los Angeles and taking the #460 bus.

You can amend this method slightly by taking the blue line to 7th Street (the last stop), switching to the red line metro to Union Station (the last stop -- 6 minutes) and then getting on a train to the Disneyland area. This will speed up the process a little. The trains to Fullerton take about 35 mnutes from Union Station ($5-$8) and then you'd need to take a bus or taxi to DL (10 minutes: $1.25 or $8). All in all, it should take about:

blue line: 57 minutes

transfer time: 2 minutes

red line: 6 minutes

transfer time: 2 minutes

train to fullerton: 37 minutes

transfer time: 1 minute

taxi/bus: 10 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 45 minutes at a cost of:

DAY PASS for the red and blue lines -- unlimited rides: $3

Train to fullerton or Anaheim ($8 - $10)

Bus/Taxi: ($1.25 - $8)

Total: $12.25 - $21

For step-by-step directions from Union Rail Station to Disneyland, go here (look for DISNEYLAND:

"FROM UNION STATION, TO GET TO DISNEYLAND..."

Alternatively, alllosangelestours.com has a bus tour to DL for $83.99 including admission to DL. (That's about $30 for the 'transportation portion" of the trip. That's from your hotel directly to Disneyland.

Another possibility is to take a shuttle van (lke redvans.com) to LAX -- about 45 minutes. You'd have to pick it up at the Catalina Express port or the Queen Mary to get the preferred rate ($15) -- and then pick up the disneyland express bus at LAX (This bus is designed for arrving tourists going to the Disneyland HOTEL and surrounding hotels. It does not drop you at Disneyland but, instread at the DL hotels and surrounding hotels. You would have to walk a little from the hotel to DL but it wouldn't be too long. This bus runs every 1/2 hour most of the day.

Info at disneylandexpress.com. Fare is $19.

This option would cost a total of $34 (about the same as the 'transportation portion' of the alllosangelestour.com tour but it gives you the flexibility to go when you want.

Two more options:

1. Hire a car. About $25 + gas + parking + insurance (if any) for the day and most convenient.

2. Stay at a hotel near Disneyland for the last night of your trip so that you can get an early start. Then take the "Disenyland Express" bus to LAX for your return.

Good luck!

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland

With all due respect to HopSkipandaJump I may have an alternative way to get to Disneyland from the Coast Long Beach Hotel.

Take one of the free red Passport shuttle that stops near the Coast Hotel and get off at Pine Ave and 1st Street. There you can get the #60 OCTA (Orange County) bus. The rest of the journey would require a transfer or two but I have provided a link below to a sample itinerary I was able to pull up on the OCTA website. 1st and Pine is where the Long Beach Transit Mall is located so that is where I put the starting point.

You can play with the itinerary a bit by keying in different methods of searching, such as by shortest amount of travelling time.

www.octa.net/trip%20planner%20page%204.asp

I hope this helps and enjoy your trip. I'll be visiting Stratford-Upon-Avon in October of this year.

Stratford-upon-Avon
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland

WOW! Very detailed! Thank you both for your suggestions. This gives us a lot to work with and is very much appreciated.

Little Red Head – have a lovely time in S-U-A – I only joined TA today but I will look out for any posts on the Stratford forum (if you post any) which I may be able to help with!

Thanks again :-)

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland

You're welcome Irely and thanks for the offer of helping with any questions I have on my trip.

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland

one other suggestion would be to take Prime Time Shuttle or SuperShuttle (they offer door to door service). If you go to www.visitlongbeach.com you will find contact phone numbers, along with coupons for Suppershuttle.

Enjoy your trip!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,540 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland

Hey, LittleRedHead --

I'm always open to hearing about new ways to get somewhere. My only request: call me by my real name:

HopSkipJump

rather than your amended version

Hop Skip anda Jump

Thanks! :>)

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland

Duly noted HopSkipJump. I apologize the error with your name.