We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from long beach port to la port

Which Long Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
from long beach port to la port

will be docking in long beach on a cruise and need to get to la port. how far is it and are there shuttles from one to another?

thanks.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from long beach port to la port

Hello rickis, and welcome to the Long Beach forum.

It's 6.9 miles away taking around 15 minutes of driving, according to Bing Maps. Ocean Blvd. is your ticket. Yes, you will need a shuttle with all the heavy luggage you undoubtably will have on your cruise.

I'd use one of the licensed shared ride van shuttles for my trip port to port. This is common business for them. Or you can get a taxi. The vans have more carrying capacity for luggage, however. Prime Time Shuttle and SuperShuttle are the two largest shuttle van companies here in SoCal, and are recommended all the time on the TA forums.

Have a wonderful cruise! Please let us know if you desire any further help. The forum members here are happy to assist.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from long beach port to la port

Thanks very much

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from long beach port to la port

I would use a taxi.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from long beach port to la port

I too would you a taxi.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from long beach port to la port

Rickis - you need to get from the Long Beach cruise ship port to the LA cruise ship port? If so, the responses above will be fine, but this sounds a little unusual - people do not normally come to LA to switch ships. Do you by chance mean that you need to get to the LA airport (LAX)?

6. Re: from long beach port to la port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:16