We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Beach to Disneyland?

Buffalo
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Long Beach to Disneyland?

What is the best way to get to Disneyland from a hotel in Long Beach without a car? I am going out in February, and staying in Long Beach for two nights to attend a charity event, then I was planning on spending a few days at Disneyland. I won't have a car, so was wondering what is the best way to get there from Long Beach? It would be from the Hyatt The Pike hotel. Thanks for any info!

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach
Long Beach
California
The Pike at Rainbow Harbor
The Pike at Rainbow...
215 Reviews
Long Beach, CA
Catalina Express Round-Trip Ferry...
42 Reviews
from US$73.50*
City Tour of Los Angeles from Long...
80 Reviews
from US$119.00*
Special Offer
Go Los Angeles Card
122 Reviews
from US$84.00*
US$89.00
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

The best way is taxi. Chuck.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

While you have a great Hotel in LB, The Pike, the transit to Disneyland, especially for multiple days can be a pain.

You could contact the Hotel for suggestions of a private company to arrange transit. But you might want to look at switching Hotels, maybe a day in Long Beach other than the Charity event to enjoy the area, and then move to the Disneyland area (such as Anaheim/Garden Grove) for multiple days at Disneyland and the surrounding area. You might like the Ayres Orange or Ayres Anaheim if you like the Pike.

Use a private shuttle van/town car to move from Long Beach to the new hotel.

Mentioned in this post
The Pike at Rainbow Harbor
The Pike at Rainbow...
215 Reviews
Long Beach, CA
Long Beach
Long Beach
California
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Garden Grove
Garden Grove
Orange County, CA
Ayres Hotel Orange
Ayres Hotel Orange
1,007 Reviews
Orange, CA
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
2,330 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

It would be better to move hotels to something near Disneyland, or rent a car. Taxi from long Beach to Disney is going to be $60-65'ish each way if you use CA-22. Public transit takes 2-3 buses and about 2 hours each way.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

Thanks for the replies, I did forget to mention that I will be switching hotels after two nights in Long Beach. I am going to be moving to a Disneyland area hotel, so I'm really just looking for the best one way transportation to get from Long Beach down to Anaheim. Sorry for the confusion!

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach
Long Beach
California
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

I would contact the Hotel, or look for a private Van/Town Car. The main benefit is a fixed cost as compared to a taxi that has "wait time" as part of their metered fare, which can add up in heavy traffic.

But with luggage, they are both good options.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,543 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

The best compromise between cost, speed and comfort is to take a 'shared van' from prime Time Shuttle for $42 to your hotel in Anaheim. (Each additional passenger in your party is $10). The price is cheap because they only pick up at a handful of places in Long Beach and your hotel is not one of them.

The closest pickup point is the Catalina Cruise Dock at 320 Golden Shore St. Here's a map from your hotel to the dock: http://mapq.st/1aYkOee

You'll need to take a taxi ride of 2 minutes / $6 fare plus a $1 tip to meet this van.

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Long Beach
Long Beach
California
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,046 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

Try Zippy Shuttle or 4Most Coach. A cab would be about $75 with tip, could be more in heavy traffic.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

I looked at ExecuCar for its point to point transfers--looks like the least expensive is $93 not including tip.

I think a taxi would be cheaper.

The concierge at your hotel would be the best source for this information.

Or, you may be able to rent a car for a day, pick up downtown Long Beach return near Disneyland?

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach
Long Beach
California
9. Re: Long Beach to Disneyland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:18