We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondolier Apartments review

Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gondolier Apartments review

My husband and I are traveling to Long Beach and staying at 5525 East Pacific coast Highway, long beach, California, 90804.

So we are wondering if anyone heard of the gondolier apartments before? This is where we are staying. And just now a couple of days before traveling we came across a couple of bad reviews on the place.

We are also concerned about the safety of the neighbourhood.

Would appreciate if someone has any insights

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,093 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

I am not an expert about Long Beach. Hopefully, others will respond. To me, staying in this area is convenient to the freeways and not much else. It's on the edge of the massive city of Long Beach and there is little to walk to in the way of restaurants or any kind of attractions. Because of its remoteness, I imagine the rent is inexpensive (which might be why you booked here).

I can't imagine that you'd be in any danger staying here and if, as you said in your other thread, you don't plan to be out in the evenings, I imagine it will be okay. But, to me, after traveling so far to get here, it's a shame that you're not staying somewhere that's a little bit more attractive where, for example, you could take a walk in the neighborhood, in the evening.

Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am afraid we picked the place because it was inexpensive and within our budget.

Too bad we cant take long walks in the neighborhood. Hopefully, we could at least take our car in the morning to a nice area, park the car and get to walk in different areas. Thats what I am at least hoping for.

We'll make the apartment just a place to sleep the night.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,340 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

Your close to the 2nd St. area with a fun vibe, nice restaurants and shops. There is a friendly gay and lesbian bar called the Executive Suite near there at Redondo and PCH. Cal State Long Beach is right down the street, so the area is not bad.

Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

Ok this is great then. Its good to know the area is not that bad after all.

I hope the apartment is nice too.

Thanks

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

This apartment is generally used as long term residences by CSULB students as it is about 1/2 a mile away. It is across the street from a very nice residential area in Long Beach, Alamitos Heights, and behind it is one of the priciest, Park Estates.

Haven't been in any of the apartments since I was a CSULB student--40 years ago. It should be okay for a few nights stay.

Other than the Jack in the Box and the Denny's, there isn't much really close--but in the car you are close to Second Street, Naples, Seal Beach and close to the 405/605/22 freeways.

I live in Alamitos Heights, so I know the area. Post questions here or PM me.

Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

This is great. Thanks for your insights. I guess for now we will stay in this apartment since we are only 3 days away from traveling. But once we settle in, we might consider seeing other options. I will pm you for advice. Thank you :)

Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

A quick update. The apartment was nothing near good by all means. And to top it, it had no a/c.

We moved out immediately and had a friend who got us a great deal at the Extended Stay America hotel in Anaheim. Its not the greatest place to stay but the area is really nice. So we are fine.

The distance from Anaheim to Downey is almost a 30min drive, but my husband is ok about it.

We are still exploring the city and leaving all the site seeing until next week.

Thank you all for your help :)

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,404 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

Most homes and apartments on or near the coast do not have AC, if you needed AC you needed to book a hotel.

Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

Oohh..thats something I certainly didnt k know. Next time we book our vacation in California, we will consider this for sure. But I think next time we come we will only be staying for 2 weeks maximum and so staying at a nice hotel will be affordable

10. Re: Gondolier Apartments review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15