We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

Hi!

My aunt wants to know if it would be a problem if her and my uncle prepaid their Super Shuttle airport ride on their credit card before they leave in June? I told them it should be fine. Super Shuttle said they need at least 24 hrs. advance notice for those kind of hotel to airport rides. Anybody ever prepay a month ahead of time? Thanks for helping them. Lucia

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

I prepaid with PrimeTime shuttle a couple of weeks before i was due to be picked up and all was fine. You can always just ring them and reconfirm on the day.

San Diego
Level Contributor
65 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

There's nothing wrong with prepaying 2 weeks in advance for hotel-airport shuttles, but you would normally want to call up the shuttle a day or two before your trip date to remind/reconfirm with them so might as well pay it when you call them.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

The only problem is that when 2 are traveling, the shuttle loses a large portion its price advantage. There isn't a problem pre-paying...but that isn't the cheapest, best , or most efficient method into the city. Other shuttles are less expensive...and a Taxi will be just $10 more for direct service.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

I think you get a better price when you book and pay ahead so i would do it

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

We've always prepaid when booking on Super Shuttle, and for us it was cheaper and got a better discount then paying them the same day they picked us up.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

I just used Prime Time to get to LAX. And just a little warning.. make sure they give themselves plenty of time. I was a little hestitant to use them as another friend had used them and he said that they were running late getting to the airport. So I called Prime Time back and asked to move up my pick up time by 1/2 an hour. When they called me the day of, they told me they were picking me up at my original time. I told them I didn't want to be picked up then. But they "assured me I'd be at the airport w/ plenty of time. And that they probably moved up my pick up time because I was going to be the LAST person". But I wasn't.. I was the FIRST. And I nearly missed my international flight. I was a panicky mess on that shuttle the entire 2 hours I was on it.

I know this is just my experience and others have probably been fine. But just wanted you to be aware that they'll need to make sure that they have plenty of time. So when they call back to re-confirm a few days prior, they could ask to move up their time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

My aunt, uncle, and I thank you all so much. Well, they are going to be staying at either the Hilton Universal, Sheraton Universal, or Hyatt in Universal City. They have a 10:30 A.M departure from LAX. What time should they have the shuttle pick them up? The shuttle companies told them they should take a 7:00 A.M. shuttle. Does this sound right? I have no idea of distances on the freeway in LA, never mind even thinking about the traffic. Thanks again, Lucia

San Diego
Level Contributor
65 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

Universal City to LAX . . . should be more than enough as they will be using the car pool lane. I think the shuttle gives this kind of allowance as they might have to pick up other customers along the way.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

LuciaLucia.. I live not too far away from the Universal Studios area (I'm just over the hill, on the LA side). And as I mentioned, I was in the shuttle for 2 hours. (Though when I drive to LAX myself, it usually only takes me about 30 or so minutes.) So if they do pick you up at 7am, assuming it took as long as it did for me, you could get there at 9am. And that would be 1 1/2 hours before your flight. So it should be ok.

(Odd that they give a 3 1/2 hour timeframe from pickup to flight time for your domestic flight. And that is the same timeframe they gave me for my international flight)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would it be alright to prepay ride Super Shuttle or Prime...

YThanks Trave and HollyNHollywood!

They could take a cab but someone said it would cost $50.00 and not including tip. We don't know anything about but they'd probably better take the shuttle anyways. Lucia