We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

We arrive LAX and will spend 7 days LA, Venice Beach,Anaheim, visit Universal studios then to Las Vegas, I am trying to see whether best to start at Venice or start at Ananheim, No car. Lux bus or similar transport please $ adults.

thanks

7 replies to this topic
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,268 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

How many in your group?

Where are you staying? What is your budget per night for a hotel - per room?

Start with Anaheim for 2 nights, if you plan to spend more than a day at Disneyland. It's easy to get to from LAX, take a look at our FAQs at the top of the LA forum topics list - read about Arrival Transportation.

Then transfer to Hollywood for Universal, perhaps use it as a base - but really depends on budget. Venice and Santa Monica are a full day, hotels are most expensive at the beach.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,925 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

Why no car?

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,882 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

Uber, Lyft or Wingz to Anaheim from LAX. You are fine there without a car.

Venice Beach...... is that where you are staying in LA? It is a very, very poor place to stay without a car. Frankly it isn't a great place to stay with one, but for different reasons.

Fly to Las Vegas from LAX or even better, BUR.

Without a car I would stay in Hollywood, maybe Santa Monica, but it depends on your budget.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

How many days will you be spending at the Disneyland resort? If it's more than one, then stay in a hotel in Anaheim for the time that you'll be at the resort. Then transfer to a hotel in L.A. If you only plan to spend a day at Disney, stay in L.A. the entire time.

If we assume that you're spending 3 days at the Disneyland Resort, then you'll have 4 days in L.A. Your itinerary would look like this:

1. Transfer from LAX to Anaheim. Stay 3 days.

2. Transfer to a hotel in downtown L.A. -- stay 4 days.

a. For Universal, use the red line metro rail to Universal City (15 minutes from downtown / $1.75 per person) and then transfer to the free 2-minute tram ride 'up the hill' to Universal Studios

b. For Venice and Santa Monica, use the Expo line metro rail to Santa Monica Pier and use local public transit, your feet or hire bicycles to explore the area.

c. For the rest of L.A., we'd need to know which attractions you plan to visit.

d. To return to the airport, take the Union Station Flyaway bus from Union Station. ($9.75 per person).

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

Thank you all, that has helped. I think I will take the advice to go Anaheim from LAX I can see there are easy transport options. As we will be late we will stay the night visit Disneyland the next day and stay a second night, then move either to Hollywood or Santa Monica. I can see Hollywood probably sensible but the beach is always a plus. If we fly to Las Vegas which airport should we leave from? The bus quite appeals to me, we will have already done long haul flights and it sounds quite quick. Any comments on that? Got the last part of the trip to Vegas, Grand Canyon Southern rim, Phoenix, Tucson and Terlingua sorted just the LA to decide on, cheers

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,018 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

Anaheim first, there is decent transit from LAX to the park.

Can you use rideshares? Lyft and Uber work well, I'd use to get to LA from Anaheim. Do this after 7:00 pm to avoid rush hour traffic between the two.

Use Southwest Airlines to get to Vegas. Your time here is very short, you are attempting to pack too much into it, so don't waste time on the bus. Fly, you'll get there in 2 hours. If you stay in Hollywood area, use Burbank Airport. If you stay on the westside, near beaches, use LAX.

7. Re: Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 October 2017, 20:35

Reply to: Best direction from LAX,to see Venice Bch, Universal,Anaheim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted