We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon and dinner at Manhattan Beach

Vienna
Level Contributor
309 posts
531 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon and dinner at Manhattan Beach

We are a party of 6 adults. Rooms booked at Best Western Manhattan Beach, 1817 N Sepulveda Blvd.

We would like to stretch our legs, get some fresh air after a flight from Europe and then dine either at The Kettle or Brewco. It will be a weekday.

Estimated arrival at hotel is about 4pm. I would be happy for recommendations where to park for easy beach access as well as to dine later and then get back to hotel. Things we could do/see. Where to head? Shops? Coffee? Is there a paved beach promenade?

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon and dinner at Manhattan Beach

The Strand is our paved beach promenade. The ocean is on one side and million dollar homes are on the other. It's fun to walk in either direction. To the south, will be the Hermosa Pier, in two miles and to the north, toward LAX will be to theEl Porto border area of MB. There are many of people walking their dogs on leash, joggers, families with strollers.

Our Pier is the middle of town down MB Blvd, about a mile from the BW. You can park in front of the shops or base of the pier in metered parking spots for a couple hours. There is underground parking off Morningside Dr near The Kettle for 2-10 hours on bottom tier. Tires are marked so you don't keep feeding meters in same spot. This is so many can enjoy the shops and move on. Just read the signs, it's not so bad.

There is a popular Starbucks across the street from the Kettle as well as aPeet's a block back. There are many cute shops to enjoy in the few blocks down by the pier and lots of cafes, bars and restaurants. Enjoy your time if soon as the Pier is decorated with lights for the holidays, and parking is free thru Christmas, with red bags on the meters paid for by merchants.

Vienna
Level Contributor
309 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon and dinner at Manhattan Beach

Thank you so much. With the information provided I was able narrow my search. I have already printed a map with the parking lots.

Very helpful reply.

Happy Holidays.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon and dinner at Manhattan Beach

Glad I could be of some help. Sounds like you are a real planner, and have things all figured out.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Have fun!

Reply to: Afternoon and dinner at Manhattan Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted