We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help please

8 posts
Itinerary help please

Hi all,

First time in LA and just want to make sure the itinerary is ok! We have 5 nights and we are late twenties couple - not very much into clubbing but like pubs/nice place to have a drink.... so here is our itinerary-

Fly into LA at 7pm so nothing the rest of the day

Staying in West Hollywood - Airbnb as so much cheaper than any hotel I could find & we will have a car.

Day 1- Universal Studios & not sure if this would be a full day

Day 2 - Santa Monica pier & Venice Beach

Day 3 - check out of accommodation and head straight to Disneyland and stay in Anaheim

Day 4 - Disney adventure park

Day 5 - Check out and drive to Vegas

My questions are-

Is there any days we can fit more in?

Is it best to drive from West Hollywood and do Disneyland or the Adventure park first?

Thanks all for any suggestions.

5 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary help please

Do you have time to fit in more things? Possibly.

Universal Studios can be a long day event. It depends on if you want to do all the attractions and maybe some more than once. This would leave you a few hours to get back, refresh, go out to dinner and maybe a drink or two. But if you feel that you did all you want at Universal, you can leave earlier. This would give you slightly more time to maybe so another activity like Hollywood, walk of fame etc, or Griffith Observatory.

Santa Monica Venice beach can be an all day event. Or just a 3-4 hours. Renting a bicycle and riding between the two places takes about 20 minutes each way. You can take 30 minutes to check out Venice or hours. You can spend 30 minutes on the Santa Monica Pier or hours if you want to ride the amusements. You can spend 5 minutes and dip your toes in the ocean or spend hours with a blanket and wait until sunset. You can stroll the shopping street (3rd Street) in 30 minutes shop til you drop for days. You can also spend your evening/dinner there. Just dont drink and then drive back to West Hollywood.

I think you should maybe drive by and through Beverly Hills and see Rodeo Drive and the mansions on your way to Santa Monica.

Other than that, there is not much time for any thing else. I feel you will be tired from walking/standing in Universal. Walking/bike riding at the beaches. All the walking/standing at Disneyland. Walk the walking in Las Vegas.

Might be ask in the Anaheim/OC forums about which Disneyland Park to go your first day. I think people have their preferences on which they think is better but both are different. I think those forums will have more opinions than the LA forum because many there are repeat visitors from CA/USA and international who give advise to new visitors.

8 posts
2. Re: Itinerary help please

Thankyou so much that was very helpful, I think that’s a good idea to do Rodeo drive/mansions on the way and see how we go with the Universal Studios day and if we can we’ll fit those in. I will check out the other forum for the Disneyland question, thanks again!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,433 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary help please

Airbnb is illegal in West Hollywood. Where, exactly, is your booking?

Universal is not a full day. You combine it with sightseeing Hollywood and Griffith Park.

Day 3 is a wasted day. Use it to sightsee Los Angeles, then drive to Anaheim after dinner. Visit the Grove, Beverly Hills and maybe LACMA and the Tar Pits. Downtown's Broad Museum is wonderful, visit it on day 3.

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,316 posts
1 review
4. Re: Itinerary help please

Elle beat me to it about short term rentals being illegal in West Hollywood.

My hairdresser went to Universal a couple of weeks ago and spent 5 hours, she rode all rides except one, saw a couple of shows and still had time for a nice lunch. Easily combinable with some other place or places.

8 posts
5. Re: Itinerary help please

Thankyou for both your input.

I had no idea it was illegal, i don’t have a booking yet but thats good to know. Is there any accommodation around $200 a night in this area or is there another area I can look at?

Thanks for the input on Day 3, we really want to do Disneyland so I think I’ll have to come back to LA in future to do everything we will miss this trip!

Reply to: Itinerary help please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted