We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid sim for internet use

8 posts
Save Topic
Prepaid sim for internet use

Hi,

I know there's is a thred already on prepaid sim cards but all answers seem to be a little unclear so I thought I'll write what I am looking for.

I'm.going to the states for 2 weeks. I have a phone that can take any sim card and is not locked to any specific sim.I live in Europe and i use sim card from three mobile top up that gives me unlimited internet for 30 days. I am wondering is there any sim in the states that you can buy and get unlimited internet for 30 days with a topup that would suit any mobile? I really appreciate your help!

1 reply
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid sim for internet use

Thank you, have the same question. I used "Straight Talk" when I was in NC last year. It works well but I could not do the online order (not even after 1h live chat support) and had to go to Walmart to buy one in the store. They did not offer the plan I was trying to get online US$35 and had to pay more for the next bigger plan, then I had to pay a higher amount for the activation kit as available online... Long story short it was about US$60 total for 30 days but I needed it just a week. The online plan was US$35 plus 0.99 for activation. If you buy online the activation kit will be shipped to you within 5 days or so. It would be great to find an easier solution for us travelers form another country. Any ideas?

Reply to: Prepaid sim for internet use
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted