We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA Accommodation

Level Contributor
173 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
LA Accommodation

Hi All

Planning a family holiday for 8 days in LA, our itinerary will be as the following:

1] DL: 2 days

2] Universal Studio: One day

3] 6 Flags: One day and

4] Sea world: One day.

I wonder where is the best place to seek our accommodation, also, a recommended all suite resort; moderate-superior, or condo.

Need help and advice

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LA Accommodation

There is a Hilton and a Holiday Inn right by Universal Studios and both would still be pretty close to 6 Flags.

Sea World is in San Diego which is a 2 to 3 hour drive from L.A., depending on traffic.

There a a ton of hotels right around Sea World

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,077 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LA Accommodation

You're covering a large area -- from the Santa Clarita Valley in the north where Sux Flags is, through L.A. (Universal), Orange County (DL) and into San Diego (Sea World).

You've omitted some valuable information:

1. Will you hava a car? (You'll need one).

2. What airport are you flying into? (It would be helpful to fly into LAX (or better still, Burbank) and out of San Diego, for example, to minimize your need to back track, You don't indicate where you are flying from. If you're arriving from overseas and directly returning overseas then that will limit which of the 5 metropolitan airports you can fly in and out of (unless of course, you plan on stopping in another American city before or after your trip here).

3. What kinds of things will you be doing on the remaining days? Los Angeles (the second largest city in the U.S.) and San Diego have lots and lots of attractions and Orange County has some wonderful beach areas. If I were you, I would split my holiday into 2 parts and stay a few nights in L.A. and the remainder in Orange County or San Diego. Otherwise, you will be doing a LOT of driving (and, most importantly. you will be driving over the same roads repeatedly and back-tracking quite a bit).

If you did split up your holiday, it would be unlikely that you'd be able to find a condo that would be available for less than a week.

4. Lastly, how much is your budget per night for accommodations and how many rooms and beds do you need per night?

So, tell us the answers to the above, and we can be more specfici.

Cheers!

California
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LA Accommodation

Stay near Disneyland the entire time and make your day trips. Six Flags must be done on Sat or Sun because traffic is unbearable going up there on the weekdays.

Level Contributor
173 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LA Accommodation

Many thanks to all of you

1] We will rent a car,

2] LAX in and out,

3] We might have some shopping, mainly smart causal and some upmarket shopping for my wife; by the way, is there any outlet factory mall[s], nearby?

4] We are not up to beaches, as we will visit Maui, after we finish our trip to LA;

5] Accommodation: One or 2 bedrooms, 300usd/night; we would rather prefer a resort or hotel, and not direct from the owner;

6] RE: Sea world, we checked Google Earth for the direction, and it seem to be pretty easy! so, I wonder if we could depart LA, early morning and come back late evening, or should we stay for the night in San Diego?

7] At last RE: 6 flags, I wonder if the park will be very busy on San&Sat, and whether the traffic jam last all the day, or there are fixed time for the rush hour[s]??

All suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Burnaby, BC CANADA
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LA Accommodation

for disneyland if you don't need to be right outside DL and don't mind driving 10 mins or so, checkout the following:

<a href="www.hotelaaa.com">Lemon Tree Hotel</a>

<a href="www.hotel-peppertree.com">Pepper Tree Hotel</a>

Never stayed here myself, but was planning to in May until we decided to do DL another time. Rates are VERY reasonable and reviews are pretty good. They in the top rated hotels for anaheim on TA.

Staff seemed EXTREMELY friendly when i called. They told me that the Pepper Tree has nicer twin suites as all of them have full kitchens, whereas this isn't the case for Lemon Tree (ie. full kitchen). Pepper Tree was also offering a special for Cinco de Mayo whereas a twin queen room is only $89/night. Super deal.

As well, i've been told there's a grocery store across from the Pepper Tree so you can save lots of money cooking your own meals.

They also offer free parking.

If you end up staying here, let me know how it goes as i plan to stay there when we go to DL.

6. Re: LA Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 19:17