We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near the Sunset Strip?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Parking near the Sunset Strip?

I've been looking all over the internet for information on public parking near the Sunset Strip and so far, all I've been able to figure out is that there's a parking garage at 9000 Sunset near the Roxy. Are there any other options other than valet since I would like to walk around the area before choosing a place to go to. Thank you!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,523 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near the Sunset Strip?

There are tons of parking options on the Strip. Just about every building has a garage or a parking lot. Parking is not cheap, however. There is metered parking on Sunset but it's often hard to come by. Parking on neighboring streets is limited (mostly, parking is available there only by permut). It may be less expensive to take a taxi to the Strip (which would allow you to drink without the worry of impaired driving in a strange place, later) and, of course, public transit is the least expensive option (but would only be practical if you were staying nearby).

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
18,275 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near the Sunset Strip?

Would be good to know where you are staying and where you would like to go on the Sunset Strip, that way we could give you a little bit more of a specific information on what you are looking for

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near the Sunset Strip?

I'll be coming from Burbank and we're not exactly sure where we want to go yet, which is the reason why I would prefer to park in a public garage or lot rather than an establishment's lot. We're basically looking to have dinner someplace (The Rainbow maybe?) and then head somewhere else for drinks afterwards.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,523 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near the Sunset Strip?

The only public lot that I can think of is at 8775 Sunset Bl, just east of the intersection of Sunset Bl & Horn Av (& Holloway Drive). It's about 4-1/2 blocks east of Rainbow Bar & Grill in a fairly central area of the Strip.

There's good news and there's bad news:

The good news...

Flat rate parking in this lot is only $4 Sun-Thu nites and $8 Fri-Sat nites.(from 5pm to 2:30 am).

The bad news....

Everyone knows about this lot and it fills up quickly.

Good luck!

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near the Sunset Strip?

"I would prefer to park in a public garage or lot rather than an establishment's lot."

Forget that, Mikey.

Just pay to park whenever it strikes you to park. It's not a big deal. There are plenty of places. If you decide you don't like where you are, drive somewhere else. You say you're out $10? Don't worry about it. You're on vacation. Have fun. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
30,046 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near the Sunset Strip?

Agree with above, there's plenty of parking on Sunset, and it's not worth fretting over. But, at night, these lots charge about $20 - expect to pay that. Don't park on the street, the meters are only for 15-60 minutes, and they ticket frequently. You can park on the street when you're deciding where to go, but then move your car into a lot (easy to spot lots, there are people with signs at each entrance, signs that state the price.

7. Re: Parking near the Sunset Strip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 19:16