We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

venice beach

washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
venice beach

we are coming out there with our kids. I know they have those circus acts that go on there that the kids may enjoy. Does that only go on during the weekend or would it be happening on during the week(Friday) as well?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,872 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: venice beach

There are no circus acts on the Venice Boardwalk. There are tarot card readers, palm readers, roller skaters, people who paint your portrait, etc.

Perhaps your kids would enjoy the performers on the Promenade. Those performers are there on weekends, and perform for tips.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: venice beach

You don't give the ages of your kids but you might want to take a look at the family travel section for LA at tripadvisor.com/Travel-g32655-s401/Los-Angel…

As the previous poster notes, there are no circus acts on Venice beach. I've been going to Venice beach on annual visits to visit family since my kids, now 12 and 10, were infants. How old are your kids?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: venice beach

I agree that the Promenade in Santa Monica may be more suitable for those types of performers that your kids would enjoy.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: venice beach

The have some "circus acts" on the boardwalk on the weekend, like the guy running thru glas or the guy who balance a woman on a chair on his chin. Stuff like that.

Always worth checking out, but your kids might enjoy the Santa Monica Pier more. They have some rides there(including a kiddie rollercoaster) and a midway with a lot of fun games

5. Re: venice beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 00:17